Risi Competizione and 24 Hours of Le Mans | FerrariChat

Risi Competizione and 24 Hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by apexdc, Feb 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    #1 apexdc, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Ferraristi!

I'm David Christian and I started in the Ferrari community in the early seventies with a 275 Four Cam, raced a 512BB at the Riverside LA Times GP and, although I am "between Ferraris" at the moment, have continued to be involved in the community. I am a retired architect and have been working recently to help develop a couple of packages to assist Giuseppe Risi with his 2016 Le Mans Risi Competizione 488 GTE effort.

We just got back from Daytona and finished 6th in class with a car that only had 100 miles testing at Fiorano a WEEK before Daytona. We were running in the top three until we had some damage from other cars that forced us into the garage for about fifteen minutes. That dropped us to about eight and we made it back up to sixth after the 24 hours. We still beat the Ford GT's. The car is both strong and fast and certainly capable of winning a very tough class! I just posted a summary on the Daytona 2016 thread.

One Le Mans package is a hospitality suite package for the race itself, which should be a ball!

The other is an incredible luxury tour for the week before Le Mans that must be seen to be believed, featuring an "insider" tour of the Ferrari Factory and many other highlights. ( no Ferrari ownership required )

The attached PDF's show all the details.

The bottom line is it costs something like $1.3 million to run Le Mans! And that is assuming they will accept your entry, as they have ours.

Risi has had three wins in seven tries, so is really prepared to take the battle to the Fords (and everyone else, for that matter). But, as opposed to much of the rest of the class, he is independent. The Ferrari factory loves the team, but doesn't fund it.

The packages are 50/50 deals roughly. 50% goes for the benefits to the supporter and the other half goes to the team for expenses.

This year is going to be incredible. The GTE Pro class is incredibly competitive and Ford is bringing FOUR GT's to the battle.

If you have never been to Le Mans, National Geographic has described it as the "greatest sporting event in the world" and when you are there, you will understand.

So, please look these over and don't miss the chance to stand and watch a team that you helped get to Le Mans take the green flag!

You will never forget it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    I forgot to mention the image shown in the post above was by Regis Lefebure, as are some images in the attachment. My apologies to Regis for the oversight in not giving him proper credit for such exceptional work.

3. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian
    Sales started formally today through the Risi Competizione web site. Good response so far.

4. apexdc

apexdc Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Palm Springs, CA
    Full Name:
    David Christian