MotoGP 2016 | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2016

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Mule, Mar 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Let's see where it picks up this year.

First race March 20th from Qatar, but not broadcast on FS1, FS2, or any cable network. NHRA and NASCAR have both moved to FS1, so MotoGP looks intermittent.

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    It is on bein sports dishnetwork channel 392

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I saw the "BeIN" sports thing somewhere, but we don't get it up here. Ironically, there is an article that says Fox would broadcast all qualifying and races live for 2016. Guess that isn't true or BeIN is a sub for Fox. Seems I keep chasing it from station to station, race to race, each year. Oh well, there is always the end of season DVDs.

I heard Rossi said two more years and done.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    At Aprilia maybe? Lorenzo to win again this year imo

5. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #5 rockitman, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    So no MotoGP on FSN ? WTF...the best circuit racing and we can't watch it.

Edit: I just found bein channel on time warner cable. Channel 417 in my neck of the woods. I'm showing the MotoGP race at Qatar at 1:00-3:00pm EST 3/20.

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    On in five

7. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    great race ! ;)

8. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Yes, and great to see Ducati up there with Yamaha and Honda. The Desmosedici flies!

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    If only Iannone hanged to his bike. Anyway, would love to see what Stoner would be able to do on the duke this year.

10. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Reportedly both Rossi and Lorenzo were offered contracts at the same time. Rossi has signed his two-year exyension while Lorenzo has not.

Also rumored is that Ducati has again made a push to sign him. I have to wonder if one person very interested in Ducati's specific strengths outside of fans is Lorenzo, and if he has hesitated signing for a few rounds to assess his chances should he even entertain changing bikes. While I doubt he will leave Yamaha, a few more rounds like this, with the Ducatis fast and the next Yamaha (Rossi) a few places behind will only raise his price. Had Rossi been right behind him Yamaha could rationalize that Lorenzo leaving wouldn't be the end of the world, but with Rossi unable to take the fight to Marquez and Dovi (who is, let's face it, not a championship contender), Yamaha HAS to keep Lorenzo.

He was sick last years for Argentina, so we will see how a healthy Lorenzo does there, a win is certainly possible. And I'm sure he would love to finally beat Marquez at COTA. Also rumor is Stoner may very well ride COTA, which would be awesome.

11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    2nd for Dovizioso is fantastic. Lorenzo + Ducati = world champion, make it happen!

12. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    No where near the excitement of last year's last few races. Good for the first race. Lorenzo looks unstoppable again.

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Looks like no moto2 or moto3 coverage ?

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Great race, glad to see have found this thread. Lots of whining in F1, and i'm referring to the thread! :p

That Ducati has some serious straight line speed!

15. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Just internet, as far as I could find.

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    It was a good race where the top 4 ran so closely together for pretty much the entire race. I wish Rossi could have improved his position, but it was not meant to be. Lorenzo rode brilliantly.

17. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Good to see Ducati looking strong again.

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Rossi has less choice than Lorenzo. Securing 2 more years at Yamaha was a chance he couldn't let slip, it's easy to understand. Although Rossi is still capable of good perormance, he is not the best prospect in the field anymore.

Lorenzo has acquired a higher market value and can sit back a bit before committing for the future. He probably will watch with interest both Ducati and Aprila and see if they are improving to the point of being winning bikes.

19. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian

Duc started the same way last season(promising) IIRC and faded. Maybe it will be different this year.

20. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Aprilia = career suicide.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yup.

22. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I would like to see Lorenzo make the move to Ducati. Why? Because I can no longer stand him, but he would undoubtedly make the bike better which I do want to see. Plus, I feel they're going to throw a boat load of cash his way..

In that scenario, I would LOVE to see Pedrosa move to Yamaha and ride with Rossi. Those are my two favorite riders, on my favorite bike :)

23. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Multiple sources are reporting today that Lorenzo has already signed with Ducati for 2017 & 2018.

Might just be internet sites repeating what one has speculated as fact, and it could also be April Fools.

Or it might be true. We will see in the coming weeks I suppose.

24. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    SMFH. Don't believe ANYTHING today! lol

25. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Unbelievable end to today's GP in Argentina. I feel truly sorry for Ducati and Dovi....