New 911 Turbo Owner | FerrariChat

New 911 Turbo Owner

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by THE RED MENACE, Mar 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Just picked up a new 911 Turbo. First impressions is that it is an awesome machine. Drove home close to 300 miles and it was effortless. I traded in a Ferrari 550, and I will miss that dearly, but I did enjoy the open road with the creature comforts I have grown use to. Heated/cooled seats, sat radio, navigation and all the good stuff. I'm really looking forward to driving the wheels off this thing, just in time for spring and summer!

2. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Where are the photos???? :)

3. F-Nut

F-Nut Karting

Nov 30, 2008
    Farmington, MI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Color/specs?

+1 on the photos.

Congrats on another great car!

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Photos are on the way. It's Black with grey & black interior. It has most options, the only thing it doesn't have is launch control. It was built by someone else. They ordered it, then they decided to get a mb SL instead. The dealership sells both Porsche and MB, so they let him switch his order. So I just happened along and found it. I don't think I will miss the launch control though, as I am going to use it for a DD, and it will most likely never see the track. Even without it, it is so fast and the PDK is awesome.

5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    WTFront door is 'launch control'. Is this a rocket?

6. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Launch control allows you to get a better start if you really need it. With it you can go 0-60 in 3.0 with out you slow down a bit it takes 3.2. It feels a little rocket like. When I took the wife for a drive and hit the gas, she said it made her feel sick.

7. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Congrats! Good choice for a daily drive too.
    How do you like it?
    Looking forward for some beautiful pics :)
    Again congrats and enjoy it!

Ares

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

8. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    It's been better than I thought. It's different than the 550, both good and bad, but it has been a blast to drive, very comfortable, and easy to drive. I have driven over 500 miles and no warning lights, check engine lights, or things leaking from it! I am enjoying it, but I still have that Ferrari bug.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    While not a turbo, I have been using my 2012 991C2S as a DD for 32k+ miles over the last 18 months and have found it to be the best daily driver I have ever owned; including an M3, 3 M5s, an S5 and numerous other German and Jap cars. Fast, comfortable, handles well and reliable. Other marques could learn a lot from the 911.

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just leave the house 0.2 seconds earlier.

11. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    LOL well put. Launch control is one of those incredibly bogus technology-because-we-can completely useless features that has put me off new cars probably forever.

12. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Hahaha.

Maybe it is useless *for you*!

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.