77 930 | FerrariChat

77 930

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by MorganWorth, Apr 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MorganWorth

MorganWorth Rookie

Feb 12, 2014
    Pretty nice looking car with 22k. What do you think it will go for? There is another Black one with 28k miles listed for $129k...

Porsche 911 Turbo Carrera | eBay

2. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #2 ersatzS2, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I'll play, since trapped in 2C enroute Bos to Portland. Terrific photo representation so hats off for that. Black/black is a popular "used car" combo, I'm not so sure it's a prized 'collector car' combo. Personally I prefer a funky 70s color that evokes the period. As more people figure out how hard it is to find an original radio, sellers will get a big premium for doing the spadework. Also seems like money well spent to replace the ratty visors, trunk liner, rotors.
    Mileage is certainly attention getting but again this is a collector car now not a used car and as an un driven car you've gotta anticipate some re-commissioning maybe major. It lost its time-capsule aura the moment it was repainted. And I hope that stack of papers has some mileage documentation; vdo odo gear is a failure item and IMO whatever it reads should be regarded as anecdotal without corroboration.
    But the 3.0s are hot hot hot so low $100s likely: guessing $120-140k

PS and is the tach correct? Boost gauge on a 3.0?

3. MorganWorth

MorganWorth Rookie

Feb 12, 2014
    Car already has deposit…damn that was fast!! Seller didn't disclose details except for it was over 100k

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I bet it was over $120k as well...

5. voitureltd935

voitureltd935 Karting

Feb 11, 2012
    #5 voitureltd935, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Looks good on the street. Pretty gooey looking underneath with unrestored areas looking weathered. Lots of changes like the radio ( sunvisors wrinkled? ), headers changed and exhaust rewelded, later brakes. Some for the better if your going to drive it but a original example it is not. Miles look about right for most areas but it does not look a garage queen since new. I thought $89 was a really good price but now see it most likely got more. Oh well! I have a 77 930 originally from FL and with 24K miles ( not a garage queen ) and it looks dry and clean not weathered ( or restored ) underneath so maybe mine was kept out of the elements. That black 77 with 22K miles looks like a car that was used in the north country year round underneath for a year or more ( possibly before the collector got it?) or does FL use do that to some also if not used and stored carefully? Maybe I got lucky with mine. The black 77 still on Ebay with 28K miles , given the choice I would take for way more $$$ ,any day.

6. voitureltd935

voitureltd935 Karting

Feb 11, 2012
    In 77, yes