What is a fair price for a 2001 911 Turbo? | FerrariChat

What is a fair price for a 2001 911 Turbo?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by up4speed, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm looking to get a 911 Turbo as a daily driver. I'm currently looking at a 2001 that is supposedly in practically showroom condition (didn't see it in person yet) with less than 20,000 miles.
    It is a TIPTRONIC, has CD changer and navigation. The only thing that I believe it needs is new tires due to age, not wear and the nav screen is apparently finicky and the display shakes sometimes (he said it did it every now and then). I figured it may need a radio/ nav in a worst case scenario.
    What would you guys say is a fair price for this car?

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I have the same car, but mine is a 2002. The Tip is often lambasted by everyone, but the tranny is very good at what it does. To get the most out of it, you really need to drive it like you stole it. That is when the Tip S programming kicks in. Around town, it is just lazily shifting gears.

For what to pay, many people say a Tip is about $3k-$5k less than a manual turbo. A comparable 6 speed turbo probably has an asking price about $50k, and will settle in at $45k or so. My guess is the car you are talking about will probably sell for about $40k-$42k. However, if you catch the person at the right time, you may be able to get it for under $40K.

Check for leaky coolant pipes, bad spoiler rams, and I had an oil tank with a bad seam. That necessitated an engine drop and I had the coolant pipes welded and installed Stage 1 UMW turbos and software.

3. Canine64

Canine64 Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2005
    A buddy in NJ just bought a very similar car for $35k. Loves it. Drives it like he stole it. So much bang for the buck.

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    $35K sounds low. Are you sure his car was in close to "showroom" condition with less than 20,000 miles? If so, I think he got an incredible deal!
    At $35K, I would expect it to be average condition with ~40,000 miles.

5. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    $35k is about right on par