Where can I get a sunroof rubber seal for the rear of the sunroof? | FerrariChat

Where can I get a sunroof rubber seal for the rear of the sunroof?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by up4speed, Aug 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just picked up a very nice 2001 911 Turbo with 17,500 miles!
    There are only 2 things wrong with it.
    First is that the spoiler doesn't work any more. I ordered the e-bay fixed wing kit to remedy the problem since I'm hearing that the design is bad and it will most likely happen again.
    The second problem is the sunroof makes an awful rattle when its in the open position. After doing some research, I realized that there is a rubber squeegee type strip that has a habit of falling off from the rear part of the sunroof (It is on a wind deflector cross piece). If it's missing, the cross piece hits the roof when the sunroof is opened and it makes a rattling noise. I tilted the sunroof up to look at it, and sure enough, it was missing!
    I'm trying to buy one, but I can't find the part anywhere in any parts breakdown. I read on a forum that it is $43 at Pelican Parts, but I can't find it anywhere on their site!
    Can someone please supply me with a part# for it?

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Disregard, I used an inspection camera and saw that the rubber strip was in there! I used a claw tool and the camera to fish it out. I felt like a surgeon, lol.
    Once retrieved, I glued it into place and took it for a test drive. It's completely silent now!! I'm so happy