991 GT3 ride height | FerrariChat

991 GT3 ride height

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bart12, Oct 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    We are all concerned by curb rashes in the bumper but I have been very careful where to bring my cars. I plan it ,sort of, where to go.

Can someone give us an accurate measurement how low/high the lower edge of the bumper to the pavement? That way, we can measure if it is lower than most of the other cars. I would compare it with my scuderia. I have not rashed my F430 and scuderia so if it is thesame height, I would feel better when I lock my build without the axle lift.

Thanks a bunch.

2. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I blew off the lift as I have to think it adds weight and complexity - My Gallardo lift also tended to leak from time to time, too. The front plastic spoiler is replaceable and I consider it a wear item.

3. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    I asked this question recently.... the answer I got was right at 4"....I'm speaking of the bottom of the front lip to the ground.

The plastic spoiler is secured much better than on a 997....so its possible you may hit/scrape the lip and in turn damage the bumper....this has already happened to someone in Europe....they had to buy an entire front bumper.

I decided to get the lift.

4. Davidcbrown

Davidcbrown Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2011
    Replacemen lip. Under 200 dollars.

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I am always nervous about this pneumatic suspension. its no different from cars like Rovers and MBenz. Moving parts will eventually breakdown. its useful but it does not remove the risk 100%. So make sure i preplan where my cars go, i have prevented scrapes.