1988 930 cab vs. 1985 930 coupe | FerrariChat

1988 930 cab vs. 1985 930 coupe

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by simchanova, Dec 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Hello all,I usually lurk on the boxer and 550 site...my name is Stuart and I own those two vehicles...I also own a 1988 turbo cab...trying to decide whether I should sell it to purchase a "in the wrapper " one owner and fully documented 1985 turbo coupe...does it matter or is this car still considered a a gray market stigma car which would devalue it as compared to the others?...my cab is high mikes whereas this car is low miles...I am trying to think what is the best hold over time...I would hate to get rid of my cab if it skyrocketS in the oncoming years and the coupe languIshes...what are everyone's thoughts about value (I know we don't have crystal balls)Of both these cars over the years...which would be the better keep ?, thA is all

2. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Good question...if I only knew the answer. Grey market on a 930 should not effect value IMO. It is easily reversible. I think values will rest with what people want in the future. I for one love the lines of the coupe (but I am biased :) ) I for one would select a low mileage example over higher anyday.