Best places to buy Porsche parts? | FerrariChat

Best places to buy Porsche parts?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by nathandarby67, Dec 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    As noted in my other thread, we are in the process of putting a new clutch and a few other odds and ends in my brother's newly acquired 986 Boxster. I am familiar with Pelican Parts, but are there any other good or better places for Porsche parts? This is my first foray into the Porsche universe, so I'm learning as I go. Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. Desperado

Desperado Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2007
    Pittsburgh/Djibouti
    Full Name:
    Tom
  4. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    DC automotive is awesome for recycled Porsche parts.

5. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    GaudinPorscheParts.com

6. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    #7 steveintoronto, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  7. Canine64

Canine64 Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2005
  8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Good thread.

Thanks, guys!

Matt

9. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Yes, excellent info. I had not heard of most of these places. For everyone's future reference he ended up ordering the clutch kit and flywheel from rockauto.com, turns out they had by far the best prices. He's still shopping around, but I think some of the other places mentioned in this thread will end up having the best deal on some of the other stuff. I will update as we go in case anyone else happens to be looking for boxster parts.

10. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan

Thanks! It's been a long time coming. I have a multi-year long thread in the Silver Subscribed section following the design and build process.

This is our first real mechanic project in the new garage, and it marks the first time in my life I have been lucky enough to have room to spread out, adequate lighting, and a climate controlled workspace. Until now the most room I've had is a standard double garage, which is workable, but as Peter Egan said in a column once, you end up feeling somewhat like a machinist working in a U-boat! ;)

After this project is complete, next up will be a full restoration on my 73 MG Midget, and a recommissioning of my Mondial coupe which had been sitting for 4.5 years awaiting room to work on it and some hard-to-find rear suspension parts.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If you have friends that own repair shops, you can try SSF. https://www.ssfautoparts.com/ Pelican and others get their parts from these guys. My friend orders parts for my cars and they arrive the next day.

12. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc