Cayenne or Q5 | FerrariChat

Cayenne or Q5

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Townshend, Dec 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Looking for a winter/daily driver, I currently own a C63. I'm debating between a 2008 Cayenne (base, not S or Turbo) or the 2010 Q5, both fairly optioned out. Any real world experience with either one in terms of reliability etc?

Thanks!

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The Porsche Cayenne Diesel is a much better option IMHO.

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Out of my budget although if it is anything like the Q7 diesel I had last year in Iceland it would be a great choice.

Ending up picking up a 2008 Porsche Cayenne. Love it so far. The only negatives are the tech is a bit dated, will have to add BT and I wouldn't mind trading up to the Cayenne S. Having a C63 as my other car the base V6 with 300hp is just a bit too sluggish for me but not a deal breaker. Otherwise rock solid. Overall happy I went with this over the Q5

4. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    +1

5. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've had my '08 Cayenne or two years now. It's only got a little over 30,000 miles on it. I took it to the shop to get a new key programmed and told them to do whatever it needed; brakes, brake fluid, coolant, etc.
    When I went to pick it up the invoice was $0.00. Ha, I've never seen that before. The shop owner (reputable independent) said the brake pads are getting close but they're not there yet. He said all fluids looked fine and the car needs nothing.
    It is a turbo so the brakes will be expensive when I need them, but the car is a tank and fun to drive and I've had no hint of a problem.

6. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    #6 zudnic, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Little late, as you have made the decision. I bought a Cayenne in 04. Its an "S", the only thing is, I should have bought the turbo. That's the only complaint I hear when people don't buy the turbo. I needed SUV room, can get a dog in the back (Rottweiler) and drive in mountain snow conditions. Do have adult passengers, again hence the need for an SUV (room). Wanted close to sports car handling and loads of power/torque. Got this in a Cayenne. I think they are the best SUV on the market. I might upgrade into a turbo, but for my driving the current S works extremely well. Its hard to justify the added expense.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login