Leaked pics and Ring footage of 991 GT3RS | FerrariChat

Leaked pics and Ring footage of 991 GT3RS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jan 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    so when does Joe start a 991 GT3 RS thread and tell everyone that has a 991 GT3 that their cars are pedestrian and unloved?

:)

2. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
  3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #4 joe sackey, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is a 180-page thread on Rennlist about the design, gestation and development of the 991 GT3 RS, so many have been anticipating its arrival for the past year.

Last month the car in almost-completed form was posted winter testing:
    Spy Shots: Porsche 911 GT3 RS Begins Winter Testing | car News @ Top Speed

From my source I'm told that wheels it is currently using are simply 991 GT3 items, and the car will be released with dedicated 20" wheels in front and 21" wheels in the rear!

Anyhow, the other news Ive heard is that for the USA there will only be 600 991 GT3 RS total, and the 300 USA 918 owners get first dibs.

IMO this car only underscores how special the last-of-a-series 997 GT3 RS are, and will continue to be.

FWIW I love the fender vents (below).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I have a better idea! Why don't you start one and do as you describe?

You see, my style of posting is less of being a troll and more of starting a meaningful thread, and consistently furnishing it with useful text, helpful illustrations and quality images. Win win win. I think all the one-make/model/variant threads I've started on FChat extol the virtues of the cars which I think are interesting, benefit owners & enthusiasts alike, all without putting others down in any way. They speak for themselves in that regard, and any notion (however humorously disguised) to the contrary is both misguided and truly quite lame.

Besides, to do what you describe, I'd have the dilemma of deciding which of my own cars to put down in favor of others! :eek:

That said if the 991 GT3 RS had the last RS Mezger engine & manual gearbox, chances are that would be the one I'd focus on, as opposed to the end-of-an-era 997 GT3 RS thread which tends to be my focus.

Meanwhile, I think any RS looks interesting to me, this new 991 included.

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Says a source today:

"Since we’re talking lap times, we’ll remind you the GT3 already leaves the Turbo S behind on the Nurburgring, while the RS moniker is expected to bring the 911 down to 7:15. Here’s one question that we’d like to receive an answer to at the Geneva Motor Show 2015, when the new GT3 RS will land. Until then, we'll asume this one kills bugs extra-fast..."

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Joe, why would Porsche not sell more...is this a true limited run car? I don't get it...sell as many as you can.

7. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    Will it be available in manual? I never researched this info yet.

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    PDK only.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Not my cup of tea but very unique for the RS gen.