996 twin turbo loaded and has x50 option | FerrariChat

996 twin turbo loaded and has x50 option

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by simchanova, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    thoughts from all about this car...I have a chance to buy one with low mileage...really not sure of valuation other than what I have seen on eBay...I will basically be using it about 10-12,000 miles per year and will keep for AT LEAST 3 years...reviews from back in the day are fantastic...only drawback to me are those boxster headlights...other than that it looks like a true modern porsche...it is a manual transmission NOT pdk..if it was anything other than manual I would walk...thanks all,Stuart

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    They are very good cars, especially for putting on that kind of mileage. A couple things to correct, the 996 turbo does not share headlights with the Boxster, and the auto would be a Tiptronic, not a PDK. I think the PDK was only available from 997.2/987.2 on.

3. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    i still have an 03, spectacular car for that kind of use and for the $ and plenty of get up and go.

4. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I just got an 02 and it's one hell of a car for the money. Sub 30k for a very clean example blows my mind. Pull the trigger, test drove a car with the x50 and from a performance perspective I don't think its worth it (maybe from the resale side). K16 turbos spool faster and a simple tune will put your numbers ahead of the x50. Can't go wrong for the money with these cars right now IMO.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I had two both converted to RWD though without the x50 option (I did my own upgrades) and my neighbor has one with the x50 (I was under the dash last weekend installing a sprint booster for him), they are great cars for the money though short shift kit is a must (B&M makes a decent one a good price), my neighbor tracks his (has a Porsche roll cage a factory sports seats) and he has the GIAC flash and full AWE exhaust which does sound nice. I see you are in my area my shop knows these cars well (helped me take a part a few of them) and if you need someone to do a PPI he can help. Good luck