2015/6 911 GT3 RS | FerrariChat

2015/6 911 GT3 RS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by LARRYH, Apr 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO order a new 991 GT3 RS.. I wanted to get some information from you guys on the car should I buy it .. I love the looks (lava Orange of course) .. Does anyone have any insight as to how many they will build /import in USA .. I would love the car but I would like to buy a car that will not loose a ton of money over the next 8 or ten year s... I believe it could be the last non Turbo offering and the most powerful ever...
    opinion [please...
    I currently have 997s and love it along with a 930 and also love it.....
    If I do not buy this I may get a GTS or a used GT3....
    I would have already bought a new GTS (IKNOW DIFFERENT ANIMAL) but would love to avoid the massive hit in value....
    I will not likely track the car but will drive it and love the high winding (get that from Fcars)

2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If you actually do buy one you will be able to flip it for much more! These things are hot at the moment!

This will be the best RS ever.

Check in on rennlist for the good oil.

3. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Larry sent PM.

4. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    for those with little or no interest in tracking or looking like a racer, the 991 GTS is upgradeable from 430 to 475 hp... it makes for one heck of a nice package that is a joy to drive whenever... option it correctly and wind up with the larger turbo S spec chassis and a normally aspirated motor with great sounds that is pleasure to drive

5. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Have you actually gone and sat in one (let alone drive it)? The interior is pretty hard-core race oriented.

It seemed to me it really is for track days and that a 991S or (especially) a Turbo S would probably be more amenable for a purely street car.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That huge, oversize wing in the back really kills it for me.
    Ricer look to extreme, will impress Fast and Furious crowd only....
    Too bad, since otherwise a fabulous car.

7. MM3.9GT3

MM3.9GT3 Karting

I agree with you about the wing. But, it is needed for generating downforce. With the engine hanging off the back, not much can be done except for a giant wing to generate downforce at the rear. It really is a hard core track car, even more than the Speciale. All GT3 , and GT3 RS variants can be run very hard at the track without any issues. They just keep going, and going...

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    No have not driven one I realize it is pretty hard car car .. I am ok with that not going to be a DD but I have the interest since it is non Turbo and maybe the last of the High performance non turbos .. I do not like the rear wing either... but could deal with it.
    THe car is available with non Race seats similar to a GT3.. Mainly what I was trying to see if anyone had an idea of is how many would be built . If it is going to be a limited production model might be a nice toy for a while then sell ....

9. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    #9 Finlander, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The all knowing rennlist crew is stating approx US production at 600.

For reference, there have been just over 1700 991 GT 3's delivered in the US. This is 14' and 15' models.

IMO, as far as new car purchases go, I think you'll fair pretty well with the new RS.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Thank you that is what I was looking .. .

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    FWIW there is a major thread that is a great resource on not only the new 991 GT3 RS, but all GT3 RS variants since inception here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/porsche/426539-gt3-rs-187.html

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Fully functional.

An aerodynamic device without which the car could not exist (with its performance potential), a notion that applies to all variants of GT3 RS.

When the F40 first appeared, many bemoaned the rear wing, yet grew to understand its purpose and love it for that reason and more besides.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I love the look of the wing on the GT2 and GT3.

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Likewise.

15. RockinIt

RockinIt Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    It shouldn't be a surprise with the wing the RS models usually have large(er) wings on them. My favorite was someone put the duck tail on a GT3 it looked lovely.

16. grk

grk Rookie

Nov 18, 2012
    #16 grk, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017