991 GT3 issues | FerrariChat

991 GT3 issues

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jvecchi, Apr 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    I have 500 miles now on my '15 GT3. Yesterday afternoon as I was pulling away from a stoplight the engine 'went flat' - it barely responded to the throttle and didn't want to accelerate. The sound was different, too - I have a Sharkwerks bypass exhaust on the car, so it's pretty loud, but when the engine went flat the sound got dramatically quieter. The water and oil temps climbed higher for a few minutes (water from 185 to 200, oil from195 to 215) but then they settled back down. I made it home and called the dealer. They're going to send a flatbed to pick it up and figure out what'd wrong. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

2. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    have you tracked ( taken notice ) the engine / transmission mapping from start up to full warm...
    at 185 my engine / transmission is NOT fully warm and NOT ready to play, it is not until at 194 for the engine and about 200 for the transmission that the car is ready to play...and temps remain at or above those levels... just observations from the way my car behaves... could be confusion in the computer at the lower temperatures about what to do... having only 500 miles could also be a source of confusion... it remains tight until over 2000 miles when it seems to have loosened up significantly... I have noticed some quirky behavior during warm up... your dealer should give you the best guidance

3. RockinIt

RockinIt Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    It sounds like something triggered the car go into "limp mode", your dealer should be able to tell you what's wrong.

4. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    if it is limp mode, it will clear itself after cool down and restart... give it a gentile warm up to full operating temp, which should go smoothly if there are no permanent faults, could save a trip to the dealer... notice you are in PA and still have winter temps... computers control everything on the car... make them happy first

5. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    The dealer ran a diagnostic and found two error codes regarding a high pressure fuel sensor on the one bank. A new sensor is on it's way from the Motherland.

6. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    thanks for following up with the solution...

7. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    You're welcome. :)

8. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Looks like it is going to be a quick fix and you'll be back on the road again soon ;)

9. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    I was told next Tuesday or Wednesday.

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Make sure they give you a 918 for a loaner car. It makes the wait more palatable.