Porsche 911 luggage space solutions? | FerrariChat

Porsche 911 luggage space solutions?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bigodino, Apr 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I couldn't find an answer through the search function. I'm searching for a 911 SC or 3.2 Carrera. I'm planning on using it for short sunday drives, but also on long road trips. So I need all the luggage space I can get.

I've noticed that overall the 911 might have more luggage space than my 308 GTB, but the front luggage compartment seems too shallow and the rear seats don't offer much theft protection, like the luggage space on the 308 does.

Are there any solutions to turning the rear seats into a usable luggage space that has some kind of cover to keep the luggage out of sight? Maybe even something with a lock?

Thanks, Peter

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    the rear seats fold flat to make a nice "parcel shelf" that will hold a lot of stuff. pro tip: take a lot of small bags (duffel bags or carry on sized bags), as large suitcases are difficult to impossible to get over/behind the front seats, even when folded forward.

you could also just remove the seats entirely, that's a fairly easy DIY job. it does leave some exposed hardware/mounting points.

I would take a blanket along and put over the top of anything I didn't want people to see.

also, when you fold the rear seats down they create little "cubby holes" that provide visual protection for small items (up to maybe the size of a small handbag/purse).

4. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Pack less :')

My gf loves her clothes and shoes, yet still managed to pack for a ten day trip in our MGA. If you've ever seen one of those, you'll know that space is at a real premium. The 911 is cavernous, in comparison. Soft sided bags should be all that you need.

5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It has decent luggage space with the seats folded down. Here most stops on a road trip are at roadside restaurants. These places have far too many people around for a thieve to take the chance and break into the car. Second stop would be hotels and usually luggage comes up to the room. Again very little worry.

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Thanks for the thoughts. There have been numerous times on my road trips where I leave the 308 parked outside with luggage on board. Like for example visiting a museum or restoration shop. For those moments I wouldn't be comfortable with the luggage visible on the back seats.

I've found a Youtube video of removing the rear seats. It's an easy job indeed. Now I suppose I'll have to fabricate a luggage cover myself. Nice project to look forward to!

Best, Peter

p.s. also found pictures of the rear seats delete option. The luggage pockets with lockable doors look very nice but are too low for my goal. They are inspiring though.