Panamera, Audi A7, Janguar XF XJ as DD discussion? | FerrariChat

Panamera, Audi A7, Janguar XF XJ as DD discussion?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ndpendant, May 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Looking at both Jaguar XF and XJ sedans as a DD. new cars to 1000 miles 2015s on the XF models, and 2014-15 XJ models. 5L engine in the XJ models. Love the Jaguar sedan looks, not familiar with things to look for. Have owned 4 audis, love the A7 and its the front contender right now, but my heart says go Panamera4s which will drive later in the week. Appreciate other experiences other than drive them all which I am doing. All are CPO or new vehicles with a budget of around 65-67K plus a trade of an Audi A6 S line so mid 70s total. (peripherally considering Maserati Ghibli 2014). Would appreciate suggestions and caveats on the Jaguars especially as I know not much about them except for web reading.
    Thank you
    Nd

2. Davidcbrown

Davidcbrown Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2011
    panamera not even close.

had a gts as dd for 30k miles and it was a joy

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The jags are great but should be purchased at a considerably lower number than the Porsche. Jags have horrible depreciation. And as such are often bought by dealers and then sold at higher mark ups. If the car is not deeply discounted over a new one then ask for a severe discount. The cars are great!

The panam is cool. Tighter in every way. Tighter ride.... tighter interior space.

In my opinion do not consider the maserati. They really are not daily drivers if you are used to an Audi. On an Audi everything is extremely well thought out and always works. The maserati not so much. Ergonomics are pretty terrible. Just try putting the seat belt on easily... its not. The radio knob is not lit... like every other button on the dash. Not the end of the world... but if you are particular this is not the car for you. Most Audi guys are particular

4. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    thank you for the info. the Jaguars are down over 11K from sticker currently. The audi is still front runner but i really want to test a few panameras first!
    Nd