Not for the faint of heart | FerrariChat

Not for the faint of heart

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ferralc, Jun 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #1 ferralc, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #2 ferralc, Jun 9, 2015
  3. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    This scares me. The Forgiato wheels on my car that was installed by the previous owner is worth at least $10k!

I still can't find a compatible wheel lock for it. :(

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    "Yeah why don't you come over to my house we can watch some movies. Let's just take my car its a Porsche.. WHOA.."

Note broken studs. Locks wouldn't matter. This is why I don't have locks on my wheels. It's a moot point. If they want it.. they'll steal it and find a way. GPS in the car is the only answer IMHO..

That's the problem with Porsche. So common the parts can be resold. Ferrari actually offers some reprieve from this. Only so many buyers for a Ferrari Rim or engine parts.

5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    This is why I didn't really made it a priority to buy wheel locks. It's always parked by the door of a restaurant or bar. If I know it won't be parked close I wouldn't drive it.

Or I'll look like Doug Demouro in one of his video while in a restaurant...; )

6. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    #6 Voda, Jun 9, 2015
    Those look like they could be Center lock wheels.... (torqued and broken hub attachment in the center??)

Go to minute 3 of this video and you'll see that someone went to great effort to wrench those wheels free.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Occky5wSB4
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    They are lug bolts. They should've picked these up too and sell them. They can make at least $200 for it. Enough dinner and movies money for the crew. ; )

On a serious note, this is sad to look at.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If they REALLY wanted to make some money they would have taken those CCB's! ;)

Agree.. sad..

You're right.. Doug is a Porsche guy.. :)

9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Exactly! The brakes are worth way more than the wheels.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ?

Porsche don't use studs, they use bolts ...
    Pete

11. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    The thieves probably knew that the slightest damage on the PCCBs render them useless, so by time they were done with the wheels, the PCCBs were junk.

12. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    Very sad. Reason enough to buy Centerlock Wheels. Good luck to any theif trying to get those. You will need the right equipment to remove the wheels, like a 5 foot torque wrench! And then some muscle to undo the torque spec on those.
    For those that think security locks prevent theft, think again. I believe all 997 (and 987) Porsches came with security locks, and every security lock I have seen can be removed relatively easily with standard attachments. Its not rocket science to have those off in seconds.