First Problem with the Pcar | FerrariChat

First Problem with the Pcar

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by PhilNotHill, Aug 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    2011 Boxster S with 23k trouble free miles.

Partial TPMS warning came on. Was able to reset but after 30 minutes the warning came on again. Right front tire shows a blank...all the other tires read normal.

Called the Indy shop and was told the sensor contains the battery and the whole unit has to be replaced. Costs $200 and $100 for labor.

Does not effect the driveability of the car. I could wait until the tires need replacing in about a year but my wife doesn't want to wait that long. Earliest appoinment is a month out. Not worth driving 3.5 hours to Denver to get the car fixed sooner.

Guess we shouldn't complain. No issues yet. Only regular maintenance. Friend has a spyder which he bought about the same time. Had to replace the water pump at a cost of about $400!

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    That seems like a lot of money for the sensor, I bought 4 for a second set of wheels for one of my Porsche's and it was not much more than that.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Phil, I got my TPMS from Titan TPMS. They carry the OE Huf Beru, OEM Huf, ITM and Oro-Tek. My 08 Boxster needed all four and got the ITM for $180 shipped. Costco installed them for me and 5 miles later, the TPMS system was up and running.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thanks for the heads up.

The light has not come on for two days. Will cancel the appointment if it stays out until the appointment.

5. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Had a problem, so at 40k on my '07 TT replaced them all when I changed tires. Dealer said that was normal.

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Be sure to check your tire pressure if the light is on just in case. A couple years back the light came on in my car and I figured it was just due to cold temps. I couldn't feel any difference in how the car drove since it was on low profile performance tires. Figured I would check the pressure when i got home that night. Ended up ruining the tire driving on it.