991 GT3 limp home mode | FerrariChat

991 GT3 limp home mode

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jvecchi, Aug 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Soon after I started driving my 991 GT3 (around 300 miles) the car went into limp home mode. The dealer ran a diagnostic and determined a fuel high pressure sensor went tango uniform and replaced it. The car ran fine until last Saturday (around 3800 total miles), when it went into limp home mode again. The dealer once again ran a diagnostic, and found 2 old stored codes - one for the PDK, and one for oil pressure - but the car ran fine. They've checked it again several times - after a cold start, a warm start, after having driven the car several miles - and it runs fine with no more codes. I'm going to pick it up today.

Has anyone here run into anything like this?

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Never had any issues with my GT3 whatsoever (a couple thousand miles so far) despite driving it fairly hard most days of the week, not a single thing in a year of use.

By the way, mine goes in for its service next Wednesday, and I spoke to my authorized dealer's service director who I always deal with about supplying Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s. He advised me that they (Porsche) have their own supply and that if I needed a new set its "not a problem". Take that for whatever its worth.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Not a single issue with mine also. Mine goes in for it's yearly service next Thursday. 4300 miles thus far. All good.

4. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Well, I picked the car up and it ran just fine, so I'm clueless (which my wife says is my normal state, anyway).

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Hope it continues to work well for you.

6. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas