911R | FerrariChat

911R

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by parkerfe, Nov 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Anyone heard what Porsche will be asking for the upcoming 911R? It sounds like a perfect DD; GT3 engine with the 911GTS options.

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I have never t heard what the price will be but if you don't have a 918 or have not placed your deposit on one already then you won't be getting one at or near MSRP. The cars will be even more limited then the GT3 RS.

3. AutobahnA8

AutobahnA8 Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    Rumor is the 991R will be a limited/numbered car with only 600 units worlwide.

4. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I don't get why Porsche and others play the Limited game.

Demand for GT-Xs, P1s, LaFs, 675LTs and the rest is strong. The cars are incredible. Why not make as many as you can sell over a given timeframe, instilling excellence of a higher order in the market?

(Napolis made a great point on the thread that asked what we would do if we were in charge of Ferrari. There were, supposedly, and additional 1000 people able and willing to buy a LaF. That's a $1B+! How do you leave that on the table when you're Ferrari's size, with Ferrari's mandates?)

5. AutobahnA8

AutobahnA8 Rookie

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm with you. I was fortunate to grab a GT3, but am still on several waiting lists for a GT3 RS. PTS cars are even more of a unicorn - feels like the window is only open for a few hours on a couple random days each year. Don't get why they won't take my money if I want to customize my order.

Maybe their philosophy will change now that they are a public company that needs to manage earnings?

6. nucley

nucley Rookie

Dec 24, 2015
    Full Name:
    George
    I went to my dealership last week to ask them about it and they just get the information how it should looks like. They told me, that they will get one of these but somebody just fold deposit for that. So I am little disappointed, that my country get just one car :/
    Hopefully, you'll guy will have luck

7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I remember when Turbos and Turbo S' weren't production cars. They model lineup is so over the top now. Same car, many different variations, etc.

8. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    it's smart marketing... basic economics of supply and demand, that has proven itself since it has been identified

it allows the mfg to maintain best margins and insures that each unit will be sold

it insures that the resale market will have buyers, supports resale prices protecting the initial buyers equity and the mfg pricing ( no one likes depreciation, unsold new cars )

it insures that the brand is successful, there will be demand for the next model

9. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    there are cars with the GT3 power already on the streets... through special order, why wait, just step up and write the check... the power kit and other options was being special ordered that led to the GTS badge, this is not any different, there is demand for this configuration... btw it is a great kick in the grass :=)

Porsche is a custom mfg, in addition to standard production, have one built to your specs