Panamera | FerrariChat

Panamera

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by MASR04, Nov 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Forgive me. Know nothing about these cars, but the prices are amazing and looks are stunning. Only downfall is the MPG of course. Can someone please comment as to the reliability, maintenance woes and drive ability/comfort. I have very little experience with Porsche.

Thanks!

2. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Prices are amazing compared to what? I've found they tend to be more expensive than their BMW/MB counterparts thanks to porsche's option lists. Their higher resale value is nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Had an original 4s when first came out. Loved it. I feel porsche makes better lux cars than sports cars these days (gt cars excluded). If they ever fix the roofline and give up some rear head room, would be perfect.

4. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Both have experienced approx. 66% depreciation in the last 4.5 years. Quality with Porsche supersedes BMW or Mercedes. Therefore, the best bang for your buck would be that Panamera given alternate choices..

Thanks for the feedback.

randkin likes this.
  5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #5 MASR04, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Next question:

How is the S Hybrid?

6. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have leased two 4S cars (wife) and took the newest a month ago in amethyst....incredible car, handling/balance....quality quality product...very well made...make sure to get 20" rims...makes a big difference over 19" in ride quality...

There is plenty of car going with the 4S...the turbo to me is WAY WAY too much coin for the extra 100hp.....

I always drive it in sport mode using the paddle shifters.....the 2015 updated software makes that car jump!!!

Good luck in your search! Alex

ddg599 likes this.
  7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yeah, I really think once I offload my 599 and purchase that next rental property this will be the acquisition after all that..

8. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Any experience with the S Hybrid? V6 still enough power and the battery lasts?

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I can't speak on reliability and maintenance woes (Porsche forum is likely a good place for that), but in terms of drive-ability and comfort, I drove a Panny 4 as a loaner while my 911 was getting its annual service, and I liked it. I've also thought of picking up a CPO'd one, if I could convince my wife to give up her pickup truck (she's a Texan), so I put it through its paces while I had it.

Ride quality was very nice. Coming from a 911, it felt huge when I first got in, but as I got more used to it, it seemed to shrink; it was not like driving a boat at all. It was nimble (again, for its size). Interior finish was very good I thought. Nicely laid out controls and buttons - so good ergonomics. I sat in the back seat for only a short while, but it seemed reasonable for me (I'm 6" tall, medium build).

The engine was sufficiently peppy when it needed to be, like getting on the interstate, passing, etc. So, I could imagine going from a 4 (V6) to a 4S (V8) would make it even more impressive, although diminishing MPG.

It's not a 911, but then it's not meant to be. I don't think I would chose it over my 911 for DD duties. But, I could easily see the V6 version as being a great ride for long distance road trips when a bit more room is needed, reasonable MPGs, good comfort, etc...T

10. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Thank you! I think that helps. 4 has 330HP while S Hybrid has 380. These batteries are pretty durable and last a long time. But even if I had to replace we're talking $5k or less most likely and I think I could handle that as a worst case scenario.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Hybrid S is RWD not AWD like the 4, if that's important where you live. I've not seen any estimates of battery live in a hybrid Panny. Prius' seem to be warrantied for 10 years based on what I'm reading. So, 5K over 10 years is a bargain...T

12. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    If it even happens!

I live in the south by the beach. No need for AwD