Singer design anyone? | FerrariChat

Singer design anyone?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jonack, Jan 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    #1 jonack, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I saw when I got home that mine had arrived today, as well... Haven't had a chance to look yet, but I can't wait!!!

3. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love the whole Singer concept...I hope to see one in person very soon. I had a 3.2 for awhile and I love the air-cooled cars(although I prefer to own the newer water-cooled 911s).

Mr. Clark and Aaron(and anyone else here who has/is getting the book) let us know your opinion of the book.

4. Infant

Infant Karting

Dec 23, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    René
    I need to get my hands on that book as well. Love both Porsche and Singer to bits.

5. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    "Everything is important."

These words are prominently pictured in the first photo you see when opening the book - they are spray painted on a wall in their shop as a constant reminder.

When I purchased the book, I assumed it would be a fun, coffee-table book for my friends/family to thumb through when they stop by.

No.

This book is something completely different. I carefully turned all 260+ pages this morning, but there is so much information contained inside - the history, the mindset, the process - and the pictures (!!!)... This is a book that will take a while to digest - not a quick page turner in the least. Not at all surprisingly, its contents live up to the ethos of Singer Vehicle Design:

"Everything is important."

6. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  7. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken

+1

8. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    Whst s fun read! This is the best ssle brochure i have ever read!
    I am sold hook line and sinker!

I have lusted after these cars since seeing two of them at the carmel street show, 2011 or
    So .

9. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    He's started a Instagram page with lots of photos, Singervehicledesign.

10. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Thanks for the review.

Someone I used to work for loved to counter a certain mentality by saying that, "Everything is everything". No such thing as a detail.

11. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    Gee- my post is mangled! late night messaging from my tiny phone! old guy fingers..

In the end the book is very detailed account on all facets of the cars building process. followed by reviews from automotive journalists and a few owners. If you are into these cars, this book is for you!

12. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks...

13. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    How does it work? Do you bring a 911 to singer and they do all their magic? There is a beautiful Light green Singer in Stockholm. The owner is really nice and showed me car, the engine compartment and opened the front hood. A fantastic car!

14. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Basically you bring them a 964 that you own and pay them about $500-600k and wait about 3 years!