Fit Porsche Sports Exhaust to a 2005 Porsche 997 911 Carrera S Manual Coupe | FerrariChat

Fit Porsche Sports Exhaust to a 2005 Porsche 997 911 Carrera S Manual Coupe

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by FazzerPorscheman, Jan 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    #1 FazzerPorscheman, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    I'm considering having my Porsche Centre supply and fit a Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) to my 2005 Porsche 997 911 Carrera S Manual Coupe. This is a Series 1 997.

That comprises new cans (mufflers I presume), valves to open and close them and a PSE switch in the console.

I'm only interested in the factory system as I want factory originality and the idea of being able to turn it all on and off with the switch as and when I feel like it. I realise there are aftermarket systems with switches as well, however I am pretty set on a factory look proposition.

My Porsche Centre assures me that it will be exactly the same as if my car had left the factory with it in the first place and that I will have exactly the same exhaust sound now with it off and a really great sound with it on. It's really the sound I'm chasing, I'm not concerned about any HP improvement.

That would suit me, as it does sound great when I'm really into it at high RPM, but really how often can you do that?

They've given me a price which is typically scandalous however I am seriously thinking about going ahead.

Has anyone here done the same thing by retrofitting the factory system and were you happy with the results?