Who are the best Porsche dealerships in the USA? | FerrariChat

Who are the best Porsche dealerships in the USA?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Smiles, Jan 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'm very interested in buying a Macan for my wife.

At the same time, I have a 1996 911 (993) C4S that I would be interested in selling.

I stopped by the local dealer and met the "Verified Sales Professional". He was appropriately eager to get the Macan business, but also seemed a lot more interested in the 993.

So I sent him two emails with the VIN of the 993 and other details, along with a request to drive a Macan. I got no response. I called twice in addition to the emails. No response at all. I called yet again, and was told by another salesman that the initial "Verified Sales Professional" didn't have enough time to get back to me.

That's obviously the wrong answer.

I'm looking for a really good Porsche dealer, at least for the initial sale. It can be anywhere in the country. I'm not looking for the lowest price. I'm looking for someone intelligent and responsive. And who can put part or all of a 993 C4S against a Macan S or Macan Turbo.

Who would you recommend?

Thanks!

Matt

2. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
  3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Why not sell the 993 on your own? The market is strong right now. I wouldn't trade a borderline modern classic to a new car dealer. Join PCA and list it in Panorama; list it on FChat; put it on eBay (I sold my '96 there for full asking.)

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Because I did really well with trading an 1999 E39 BMW 540i 6-speed on my current 2008 AMG CL 63. Much better than selling it on my own.

But I can go either way.

I want to hear the best offer from a dealer. And I'm asking you guys for the best dealer.

Matt

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    define "best"

6. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
  7. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta has been in the top 3 in the country by volume the last three years in a row. Great guys and the high end car market in Atlanta is pretty strong. If you want to go this route I can give you a contact.

8. secretcollector

secretcollector Karting

Aug 4, 2013
    The Motor City
    1. Billy Bennett at Porsche North Houston
    2. Bill Reilly at Byers Porsche in Columbus, OH

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Call Porsche of the Main Line (Newtown Square PA) , and you will not do better selling or trading a 993 (unless there are issues) to a dealer. If you want to trade it, what you should do is ask for used cars (ask for Frank tell him I sent you) and let him put a number on your 993 first, and once he does than tell him you are interested in buying a Macan and have him send you to a new car guy. Then negotiate the price either further down of the Macan or up on the 993. I have bought over 400 cars in the last 25 years and in my opinion this way will get you the best deal. Keep one thing in mind, I have dealt with a lot of dealers over the years and many from other states and don't expect the same treatment from the ones that are far away as the ones down the street, dealers don't survive on the profits of selling new cars.

10. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Awesome. Thank you!

Matt

11. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    Hennessy in Roswell, Ga

12. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Have to give a shout out to Adam Brooks and the folks at Woodhouse Porsche (prosche of omaha). Have bought a couple of cars from them. Great to deal with!!

13. union

union Rookie

Dec 15, 2014
    If you really want a Macan, contact Brumos. They were bought over by Fields and moving some of their inventory before the change. Offering 11% off MSRP which I think is the best deal out there. Forgot the salesman name as I saw it on the internet but im sure you can call anyone and the deal will be the same.

14. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    My son, Matt at Porsche St.Louis 888-377-4319. He will be glad to help you. I also am the proud owner of a 97 C4S.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    the one that gives you the biggest discount from MSRP and highest trade in value.....

16. robert344@verizon.net

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2015
    Full Name:
    robert
    How much do you want for the C 4 S ??

17. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    late to this thread, but I've had to deal with Ferrari, Porsche and BMW dealers over the last 20 years, some at their very worst, on the east coast and in California...

One of the best Porsche dealerships I've worked with is Danbury Porsche, in Danbury CT. They are not a mega-dealer, do not mark up cars (eg. GT3 RS's sold at MSRP), and have a great clientele.

Scott Doty is their best sales guy. WAY too nice to be a car salesman, but has treated us wonderfully and fairly, and hustles his ass off. If you're looking for a rare allocation (eg. Macan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, even a GT3) they work the network and trade. I also got a more than fair price on trades (they have a pretty high end and separate used, multi-make dealership) and a great price on new cars. Scott is a "car guy" who is also good on track.

As for the 993, I'm sure they would take it in trade, but more likely they would connect you with one of the many, many, many Porsche "shops" around who are paying top dollar for 993's, mostly looking for cars for clients (I'm amazed at how intense the 964 and 993 passionate crowd is in this neighborhood).

Good look. Macan is a great car. If you end up with these guys, have them bring you to Lime Rock or Monticello for the day on track (Scott will do it)

18. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Porsche of Delaware & Porsche North Houston

19. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    John schaefer at brumos is the best

20. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
  21. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Turns out I spoke with Frank Tucci yesterday on another matter, and they would be very interested in buying the 993 (they own a few higher end dealers around here), but he told me he had not heard from OP yet. Perhaps he is taking a different route.

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I will second Barry Cate He is a true porsche enthusiast and all around good guy. It is really nice dealing with a guy that loves what he is doing ... He has sold me every porsche I have ever bought with the exception of my 930.....He will help you and they tack care of me better then any new car dealer i have dealt with.....

23. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Big second to this. I purchased a CPO 911 C4S from Scott in December. He was exceptional to work with (and this was a long distance--almost 3000 miles) transaction. I'd buy another car from him in a heartbeat.

24. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Thanks. That's good to know.

I haven't really decided to sell the 993. I'm close; but haven't made any calls yet.

I had seller's remorse when I sold my 330 2+2. I'd don't want to feel that again.

Matt

25. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I can understand that, probably why I have so many cars right now, just cant seem to part with them.