Porsche GT3 and GT3 RS seats | FerrariChat

Porsche GT3 and GT3 RS seats

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Pinarello, Feb 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    I am looking to purchase one or the other, looking for right color and options, however many have sport/bucket seats, as I have never tried them wanting I out from owners, my main questions is how comfortable are they, I plan to use my car daily and occasionally take to the track but I am nervous these seats would be difficult to live with!, how about driving 2-3 hours?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M

The two choices you will come across with the 18-way power seats vs. the racing buckets (RBS). I had racing buckets in my GT2 and 18-way in my GT3. I personally prefer the 18-way.

The RBS are quite comfortable if you fit them. They have fore and aft adjustment, but that is all. They are difficult for ingress and egress, but once you are in, you ain't going anywhere. They do keep you quite secure. They look great.

The 18-ways allow for very easy ingress and egress. Very comfortable. Darn near infinitley adjustable. With all the adjustements, they hold you in quite nice. They look nice too.

3. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    Thank you for input, what about comfort?, could you sit in the RBS seats for 2-3 hours? Or do they beat you up?

4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I thought they were very comfortable, but I fit them. They lack any adjustment, so "you get what you get." Most folk fit them adequately. The extremes of height and weight would have challenges. Both my GT3 and Targa GTS have 18 ways and I prefer them for overall use.

Oh and I finally realized the official term for them is light buckets (LWB). :)

5. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    I couldn't imagine owning my GT3 without LWB's.
    Look great, fit great, will add $$$$ to resale going forward
    Issue with buying a car w/o them is that LWB are basically unavailable now....with the CGT buckets or 997 GT2 seats one could always find them used on Rennlist, etc...not with the LWB.

Good luck
    Bill