RWB Begriff What you think? | FerrariChat

RWB Begriff What you think?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by nsx2F355, Mar 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #1 nsx2F355, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have seen these cars around on youtube before. I am absolutely hooked on them. I had a 355 red/tan and I think I would have traded across for one. Seems they are hard to find and I'm sure bring bigger money than mine would but I like them none the less. I also really admire the way Akira Nakai San runs his business. A true artist and is extremely passionate about his craft. This is not my pic. Just curious what others think about his work. Anyone here own one?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. c4sdriver

c4sdriver Karting

Nov 17, 2007
    Ottawa
    I love them! My favourites are the 964 variants.

3. GO-RAN

GO-RAN Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    TORONTO
    I don't like them at all. Yes to the eyes they are appealing at first but after you realize the kit is really sub par quality ( fiberglass ) and the car basically gets hacked away at it looses all appeal to me. its all show, the extremely wide wheels etc.

Its like every civic's when fast and furious came out. WINGS WEST ( fiberglass body kit company ) comes to mind.

Yes it looks like a 993 gt2 with those rivets on the fenders and the wide body and race look wheels. But its simply lipstick on a pig.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree. I'm 50/50 on the looks but they hack the car up and honestly the quality of the install is pretty poor.

this video shows a fair amount of the build process and it's....interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZhySaz648[/ame]

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dislike them. They are way too wide and cartoonish looking. The 993 gt is just the right amount of wide.

6. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Wow! Glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed.

I like crazy wide Porsches, and its not a new trend as IMSA glass flares have been around/available for years in various styles... however out of vogue until RWB came along and all the newbs jumped on the bandwagon. And as stated above, the quality of the work is just plain hatchet job!