2014 911 small coolant leak | FerrariChat

2014 911 small coolant leak

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Vegas-Guy, Apr 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Hi guys. Made it home with the new (to me) 2014 911 S after 450 miles today. Car was great the entire trip with no problems (stopped at a few spots to sight see). But once I got home and put the car in park I could smell coolant, looked under the car and found a small puddle behind the driver side rear tire. My question is, is this some kind of relief valve that just let out some pressure? Its not dripping/leaking anymore that i can tell. FYI: Car was bought from a dealer and is CPO w/15k miles.

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Sorry no one has yet responded. I have a newish to me 2013 C4S, also CPO. I've never heard of any coolant relief valves (other than a radiator cap) and modern Porsches should, I would think, never leak coolant unless there is a fault.

I have taken my car in for the first time to address some issues (two were real--driver's window working irregularly, sunroof wind deflector not raising up into position, and two were kinda dicey as warranty work--squeaks coming from both windows, and a occasional rattle in the passenger seat). All were addressed (or are being addressed--a part is coming from Germany) under the warranty.

3. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Thanks for the reply Scotty. Took it to the dealer and was told it was overfilled a little and it did come out of the overflow tube. It's now at the correct level.

4. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Good news. I'm happy that all is well. As a random side note, I was born and grew up in Vegas.