Porsche Experience Center | FerrariChat

Porsche Experience Center

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jjmalez, Apr 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

I was invited to my local Porsche dealers 2017 911 Carrera unveiling party last week. Wound up winning the grand prize of a ticket to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta Georgia. It's a $500 pass to spend 90 minutes behind the wheel of anything other than a 911 Turbo or GT3 on their race track.

Has anyone here ever participated in one of these? Just wondering if the air fare and hotel costs justifies the "free" pass?

Thanks

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yes, it's worth doing IMO. the facility is amazing too...museum, delivery center, workshop, etc. very cool.

if its not worth the flight/hotel, is it transferable? i.e. can you sell it?

3. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    Haven't been myself but have heard great things about it. 90 minutes is a lot of track time and in someone else's Porsche seems worth way more than $500.

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

It is if you stay in a Holiday Inn, for sure.

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've done the GT3 vs. Turbo experience - $800 for 90Min. you get 45 in each car. it was a blast.

for $500 - I think you could do the 911 vs. cayman or Boxter.. or just 911. either will be worth the flight and hotel. there are a bunch of hotels next to the airport so its easy to get there.

you will go out on the test track - which simulates a country road - its very good... surprisingly so., but narrow. also they will take you out to do performance starts, slalom run, and then to the kick plate - you drive over the plate at 19mph, and it kicks the back end out onto a polished and wet surface and you have to try to "catch" the car. the Turbo was easy, the gt3 - impossible. we did about 10 "Performance starts" aka Launch control starts... was fun. the most fun to me was lapping the country circuit. there is a low friction circuit where you can hang the tail out but if you go off = you have to go back in to have the car checked - so I did not do that much.. why waste time.

I think my top speed was about 110 or so.... its not outright top speed you experience but the handling ... also if you go check out the simulators as well. $30 for an hour. All in all its well worth doing it. Food is good as well, Museum is so so, but still overall its well worth the effort.

6. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    I'll be there next Friday to see what's up!

7. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Sorry, just booked the flight, hotel and a 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera S for the track....

:eek:

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    cool, you'll have fun!

9. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Got in late last evening from Atlanta and the Porsche Driving Experience. I'll write up my full review later. But in the mean time I can summarize the Porsche Driving Experience in three letters...

WOW!

Joe

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pics! So, that we may live vicariously through you! :)

I am not surprised that your experience is WOW. From what I have seen on Rennlist, everyone seems to love the Porsche Experience Center. Have fun (as if that was an option) and safe driving and travels.

T