911R at 200mph - EVO | FerrariChat

911R at 200mph - EVO

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Bas, Jun 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8vMJHJriYA[/ame]

As title. Wonderful car this is. Pick up at 100kph in 4th is amazing, it pulls so hard!

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wanted the car so bad, was #1 on the list with my dealer, unfortunately his 3 allocations were grabbed by 918 owners.
    All 3 will go back for sale immediately at premium TBD.
    Porsche made a big mistake alienating all loyal customers buying their cars for years, by giving all allocations of the special editions to 918 owners (for 10 years).
    Most of the enthusiasts who drive these cars (not just stare at them in garage) want cars like 911R or GT3RS and not necessarily willing to pay for 918 (or not being able to spend a $1million for a car).

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    +1

I don't like the way Porsche is now taking chapters out of Ferrari's playbook regarding vehicle allocation and creating classes of customers.

couple that with the rise in value of classic 911s (and the attention of collectors and brokers, not enthusiasts), and the fact that most dealer inventory is 75% SUVs, and the "purity" of Porsche's brand is being diluted from its hardcore sports car enthusiast/racer days.

4. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    A car buddy of mine is getting one - I can't wait to see it.

MDS

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I loathe the flip nonsense. I paid market for a GT3RS and love it, but I don't like the BS you get from PCNA.
    No idea why anyone wants a stick in a car like this. The PDK is so damn fast, it makes no sense for "involvement".
    I liked the R throwback upholstery. Funny, my RS worth far less than I paid now, but it's still a great car, better than GT3 I had before it.
    Tried to get dealer to build me a 991.2 TT with GT3 cosmetics and seats, they said PCNA refused.
    RS in the wet is absolutely amazing.

6. Davidcbrown

Davidcbrown Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2011
    why do you all think the 918 owners are not enthusiasts? I think that's a bad assumption. I can speak first hand. And the issue is not with the 918 owners... It should be with Porsche. They make the rules