991 GT3rs asking vs selling prices. | FerrariChat

991 GT3rs asking vs selling prices.

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 09Scuderia, Jul 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi guys,

Looking on and off for a RS. When I was following this market about a year ago I seem to recall the asking prices over $300k. Now, based on ebay 991 RS pricing seems to be in the mid $200s.

Am I correct that the prices are adjusting down?
    Anyone know of any real world recent sold prices?

Thanks guys!

2. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    I've noticed them coming down as well. Should be able to get White or Lava Orange for around 40-50 over....maybe less(?) This is according to a couple of buyer claims...which seems reasonable.

Ultra Violet is still around 60-80. I've offered 30 over on 3 different UV cars and all three sellers laughed at me. The lowest I found was 60 over. They're asking 75 over but will take 60. If anyone is interested click here Autosport Designs

The next 6-8 months should be interesting since more allocations have been trickling out over the last few weeks...so once those allocations have been delivered (winter) what will the market be?

3. rdwinelover

rdwinelover Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    More importantly, what will the market be in 2-4 years when they are no longer the newest, coolest Porsche. My person guess is whatever the color, they all drop below MSRP. There appears to be a LOT of cars out there and a LOT for sale.

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am in no rush and the market seems to be on the side of waiting.....

I bet there are multiple 'special' Porsches coming out. Maybe the rumored GT3 manual. That will certainly appease many frustrated RS buyers.

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I would not buy anything until after the first of the year. Things look soft and could be softer in 2017 spring.

6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Prices have softened for the RS, but prices have softened for most high end cars over the last few months. I think real selling prices seem to have stabilized around 240-260 depending on options and color. Some were predicting a further fall in prices as there was another wave of allocations recently. However, really was not that many cars in the big picture. I suspect prices will stay fairly flat for a while.

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I would love the R instead, that ricer looking wing blows the deal for me.

8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes I just got an allocation a few weeks ago. I ordered silver, is that the least desirable color?
    I couldn't get my head around an orange or purple 911!
    Car is going to be sick, fully loaded, $210k msrp.

Ps can someone explain the attraction to the purple? I'm not getting it.

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    best price i found on an ultra violet so far is $278k...1k miles, yellow belts/stitching, extinguisher, pccb, pcm, silver hardware

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it's an interesting, fun, unique color...looks very different based on lighting. I like it but understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Ton of UV in recent batch.

White, Java and UV now pretty large numbers of cars. Silver still rare, I think.

Autotrader has 72 991 GT3 RS:
    22 orange; 15 white; 13 purple; 2 silver; 1 black; 1 red, and 18 unspecified.

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Motorcars International has a 2016 PGT3 RS in Ultra Violet with only 57 miles *asking* $269,500, I bet you can buy it for less.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Tim,

Take your time, they will be MSRP soon, and you'll have a nice selection to choose from, time is on your side.

Hope you guys are well!

14. Jon H

Jon H Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jon Halvorsen
    21 for sale on Porsche.com/usa today.

15. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Hi Joe, totally agree will be at msrp soon. Do have the same view for 918s? There seem to be tons of those for sale too.

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Being the flagship Supercar, I think those will always command a premium of sorts, although not always as much as some of the numbers we see being asked today.

17. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    When you are talking about prices being asked for a 918, there is a wide range from ~2.2M to 1.3M. What kind of premium of sorts are you thinking it will drop to?

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Impossible to predict, its simply a feel that there will be some sort of premium over MSRP, but less than today.

19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi Joe,

Texas rocks. love it here. And yes we are waiting out the RS prices. Had a dealer offer us a spot for $75k over.

If the next gt3 is a non turbo and a stick I bet the RS prices will reset even more. All this easy money, low interest rate stuff makes me nervous.

Have a few cars going to auction in Monterey next month. Clearing the barn for a few new ones or one new one that trumps them all :)

20. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The high asking prices 2M+ will fade away, but do you think the low prices 1.3M will drop further? The other variable that exists is base or Weissach edition. The Weissach option was about 80K. Don't know if Weissach option was limited, but the 918 rep had stated that he was not sure if they still had Weissach build slots available near the end of the production run.

21. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Lots of dealer/speculator RS inventory suggests prices should go lower as the owners decide they have to move the cars.

A factor that argues for more stable or even firmer pricing is that RS production will soon end and no other new cars will be added to available inventory. There are hordes of people looking to buy Rs's at or near Msrp and if looks like prices won't come that low and that they'll be left behind you may see a run on the available cars. People who can afford $205k can likely afford $250k and the cars are still fairly good value at 250 vs comparable cars.

On UV - definitely not for everyone but as most RS' won't be regular use cars it's a fun option and IMO looks fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Some RS s on the german market now for MSRP or even below. Way too many on the market.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    As predicted, but sooner than I thought.

24. rdwinelover

rdwinelover Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Another opinion is that as RS cars hit MSRP that the bids from buyers who wanted to buy at MSRP will be pulled in thought and expectations that the cars will go lower which they very well may. I certainly wouldn't assume there will be a floor at MSRP and am of the opinion that they drop more.

25. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The problem the RS has for pricing is that there are *so many* amazing cars at the $200k level. Seems like every week there is a new bright shiny object from some car maker that captures everyone's eye. The "gotta have it" (at any price) period is over for the RS.

These sure are interesting times to be a car guy.