911 turbo s vs Huracan | FerrariChat

911 turbo s vs Huracan

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by MME, Jul 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Have a 2015 Huracan and thinking of trading for 2017 911 turbo s cabriolet. Thought is I can rotate the 911 in as a daily driver moreso than I can with the lambo. Thoughts on the two cars?

2. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Drove a TTS after driving my GT3RS to dealer.
    TTS is a Buick. Pitches and dives with accel/deccel.
    My Huracan was much better as well. Quirky, no room for an iPhone 6+, slow lift, but as fast as a TTS. An event to drive.
    Save your money. I almost bought another Huracan. Great looking car, stupid fast, and family loved it.
    Or buy a GT3RS.
    Nobody notices Porkers, so there's that.
    I rotate based on nearest clean car, gas level, and weather forecast.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The turbos are GT cars, and have been for a couple decades. To get a similar experience to the Huracan, you need the GT3 RS.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I love my 911, albeit not a turbo, but I don't think I'd trade in a Huracan for it...T

5. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Whenever people use "nicknames" such as this it just ruins the credibility of the post for me.

I use my 911 Turbo as a daily. Provides performance, comfort, visibility, maneuverability, and efficiency. There are very few compromises although Home Depot runs require some forethought. My Ferarri, like your Huracan I imagine, doesn't do all of these things as well. That said, the Porsche doesn't make me think "Life is freakin' fantastic" though.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #6 Sfumato, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got your credibility right here. Sorry you're butthurt over an abbreviation.

Like I said, if you read it, I drove the RS to the dealer for some campaign. Didn't buy it local, paid market, as all the cars go to 918 owners. I've had 19 Ferraris, and I wanted RS.

Figured I'd try TTS to start relationship. Drove it. Back to back with RS, and compared to everything else I drive, it pitched and wallowed, understeered, and felt under-tired. I use my cars often, and I couldn't live with it the way it was. That and fact dealer wanted to rip my head off, and there you go. I'd rather have a somewhat impractical car like Spec, Huracan, RS, or 650 than a TTS.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I love that wagon.

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Why can't you daily the huracan? Aside from the attention, my H was fine as a daily and I'm thinking of trading my daily driven 991 GT3 for a lp580-2 spyder when it's released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nope, still don't see your credibility - I was optomistically hoping for a more mature response but stopped reading when you thought I was "butthurt" - and that you think that "Porker"is an "abbreviation" for "Porsche". It's not. Not looking to go back and forth with you just being straight with you.

I'm sure that your insight can be of great help. It just doesn't work for me with its delivery sometimes. Cool?

BTW, you have some really nice cars ;)

10. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    the porker looks like a porker in front of the huracan

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Have NO idea why the TTS is a $200k car loaded.

Just would not give a Huracan up for it unless the 4 seats are needed.....but then you would have to add the therapy costs so its a wash anyway.

12. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Huracan is epic. The SL version should be epic-er

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    That's what my wagon is for. 4 seats, plus room for therapist and 2 therapy dogs. :)

RS is big, and lighter than anything else of significant performance in line. 2.5 ton trucks seem to be appropriately referred to as Porkers, but wtf do I know ;)

Huracan really is great car. Keep it, use it, and swap to SL or SL spider in a couple.

14. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    I'm on my second Huracan. Started with a coupe and just took delivery of a Spyder. Its sitting right beside my 911 Turbo S in my garage right now.

Huracan Pros: gets attention everywhere. Sweet exhaust note with aftermarket exhaust. Car runs nice, notice I didn't say it's a rocket ship.
    Very stable forgiving car. Relatively comfortable in the coupe, Spyder is a different story as far as comfort (I'm 6'3"). Sexy cars

Cons: you can literally fit three grocery bags in the trunk is all. Sometimes you don't want the attention it gets. Few other little quirky things but for the most part a nice car

Porsche 911 Turbo S (Cobb stage 2 tune and GMG exhaust)
    Pros: i once put 2400 dollars in tools that I bought at lowes in the trunk with no problem at all with it all fitting, car is even more forgiving than the Huracan is at race speeds on a track, infinitely more room inside, headroom, legroom, etc. slightly functional back seat. Better visibility as a daily driver

Cons: it doesn't sound as good as the Huracan and it doesn't get anymore attention than a suburban does
    BUT,
    Let me say this unequivocally because I've been there and done it. My Turbo S (granted its massaged) will drive away from my Huracan in a stoplight drag. The 911 will run right with my 488 in a straight line and I've hot lapped all three cars back to back at COTA and had to work much less hard to get the 911 around. 488 and 911 ran similar lap times. Huracan was off the pace by a couple seconds.

This is my personal experience with having commuted in them, tracked them, and lived with them. Other people may totally disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Thanks for your feedback. I too have a Ferrari, a 458 spider, and expect my 488 spider next spring. Having two weekend cars is my issue, and the Ferrari is too much of a special driving car to give up, which is why I'm considering the 911 Turbo S to add as a daily driver along with my other daily.

16. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    #16 emailchrisb, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

I'll tell you, the 911 S is so easy to drive. It's alms or livable. And it's blazing fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I also have a 911 TTS with GIAC Stage 2+ tune and GMG race exhaust and a 488 GTB. I totally agree with your assessment. I'f I could only afford one car, it would have to be the TTS. Best overall car in the market... JMO

PS; I've race the TTS and 488, and it was no contest. Here's a little sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTMk9aV4r8

Here's another of my TTS against a Huracan with race exhaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYsmJxBwAhM

18. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    I have a 991.2 Turbo and a 458 Coupe (waiting for my 488), amongst some other cars. I think the 991 Turbo is an excellent DD. Not sure why you would want to spend the extra money to get the 'S', especially not as a DD.

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I think the hurican and the Porsche 911 turbo s are two different cars while I don't have hurican I did buy a turbo s and this a a great car for a daily driver or just for when you want to go some place without a lot of fanfare.
    I have many other exotics but find myself walking to the Porsche more and more for just a drive to work or store.....
    Not a lot of drama but is blazing fast