Glockner No. 3, recently seen Dana Point Porsche show | FerrariChat

Glockner No. 3, recently seen Dana Point Porsche show

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bitzman, Jul 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Beautiful car in terms of coachwork and detailing. I am to understand this Porsche made by an outside firm (and which may have inspired the 550 spyder) was the only one of five Glockners with a Porsche chassis, but I didn't get the SN. The owner had a sign next to the car at the Dana Point concours showing pictures of it in rough condition when found in Colorado decades ago by a sculptor of classic car art. Does anyone know who that sculptor is? Maybe Nesse? Or Larry Brown? I am trying to find out what he got it for, out of the barn, apparently with a pushrod engine though when it was raced it had a four cam engine. Maybe the car was advertised at one point in Road & Track? The sculptor wanted to hang onto it and restore it but a divorce forced the sale, as often happens. I think it would have been hard to restore unless you had good pictures of it when it was new. It will be at one of the events in the upcoming Monterey Car Week. It's silver with some yellow trim and has sort of gullwing side windows.

Here's a You Tube video on it https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Porsche+glockner+&view=detail&mid=2DE7AEA02F3A0198EF152DE7AEA02F3A0198EF15&FORM=VIRE