1953 Paris Auto Show Porsche Cabriolet by Ghia | FerrariChat

1953 Paris Auto Show Porsche Cabriolet by Ghia

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by bitzman, Jul 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Not by Ghia Aigle, that's a coupe and made in Switzerland
    I mean Ghia in Italy.
    Looks kinda like a Karmann Ghia and I am afraid it wasn't a real Porsche floorpan but maybe a VW floorpan because supposedly in '53 was about the time Karmann ordered a convertible design from Ghia. Maybe they showed it on a VW floorpan but were hoping to sell it to either Porsche or VW. It has a fake grille surround in front with no grille cavity. I would like to hear theories on
    whether it was
    -a Porsche floorpan
    -whether it survived?
    Here's a picture on P-interest.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1116&bih=707&q=1953+ghia+porche+cabriolet+paris+auto+salon&oq=1953+ghia+porche+cabriolet+paris+auto+salon&gs_l=img.3...2152.15413.0.15712.47.12.2.33.1.0.181.1385.0j11.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.13.1359...0j0i30j0i8i30.RMYUzR_tXuU#imgrc=DnM6QBBHFZEw5M%3A

I tried to open it up but that damned website, when you click on it first shows the picturen, then rapidly covers up the screen so you can't see the picture. The car is light colored, probably white or yellow or tan.
    I am amazed I have five books on the 356 and none of them mention this car...

2. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Don't know.. never seen that before. Can't say it's a design 'tour de force'... :)

Scroll down for the Ghia Aigle coupe.

Ghia-Aigle