New 955/957 Cayenne Infotainment System | FerrariChat

New 955/957 Cayenne Infotainment System

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Piper, Jul 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Full 9" android tablet with HD radio, DVD, OBD2 module, reverse cam, all steering controls work, thing kicks butt. Will post more later on manufacturer if anyone interested.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. 79 930 REGISTRY

Jan 5, 2013
    Tampa
    Yes Interested.

I have an 06 Cayenne Turbo S that I would like to do the same thing with.

How you gained access for wiring the camera, and dismantling the dash without doing damage to the numerous plastic bits would be of great interest, in addition to the manufacturer's system you used.

I am told many systems do not mesh well with the steering wheel controls so your upgrade sounds like a solid step forward.

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Here's the link to the Rennlist thread and everything you need to know. I lack the skills to do the install myself so can't speak to the how's, but this thing is an end to end replacement for the entire original head unit, not even a bezel involved so I don't think it was as hard for them a you might imagine. My 06 TTS didn't have a camera already, and theirs came with an awesome low profile cam you can't even notice it's so small, but it was like 3 hours labor extra to get it in. Ouch.

9" Android Radio Install Review - Rennlist Discussion Forums