Carrera 2.7 CIS | FerrariChat

Carrera 2.7 CIS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by pnorell, Jul 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Looking to acquire a 1974 or 1975 Porsche Carrera 2.7 CIS. I know it's not a MFI.

2. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Great cars! I had a '74 Carrera CIS. I only have great things to say about it. Between the two, if it's a tie, personally I would choose a '74. Has the ducktail, better engine fan and early exhaust system (no thermal reactors).

If it has A/C, make sure it has a front cooler. They run hot. The dealer/port installed air (VPG) was junk. You can tell by the coolant lines and air registers. Factory lines were on driver's side. Factory vents were added to lower knee bar vs one molded part.

Best to not have A/C and install a front oil cooler.

Freeman

3. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for the heads up.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Definitely a 74 over a 75.

5. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    74 is an interesting car in that it is a crossover year.. it has numerous elements from the long hood cars (73 and earlier) as well as the updates ushered in as a G-model/impact bumper car. Currently finishing-up a restoration on a Carrera Targa now.

As a Carrera, it really offers nothing more than the Carrera serial # of course and flares on the rear. Not saying that's a bad thing.