2015/6 Porsche Targa 4S | FerrariChat

2015/6 Porsche Targa 4S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by dherman76, Aug 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    I used to own a 997.2 TT but not longer have it. Loved it.

I'm considering picking up a 2016/6 Porsche Targa 4S as a non-daily driver. I have two children (<8 years old) which would fit in the back. I've always loved the look of the Targa, specially the new one. I know many folks knock it, but I happen to love it.

For those who own it or know a lot about it, is this a solid car? Are there any significant issues with the car? Any insight would be welcome. Thank you.

2. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    no issues what so ever... great solid car... talking heads keep on comparing it to track oriented cars when it is a GT... there is no reason for this car to be on a track, except to occasionally enjoy its' full capability without running into the law... Porsche has better offerings to choose from for those looking for some competition on the track...

3. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Thanks. Yes, I completely agree. This car will not be tracked. This will be a fun suburban and spirited but controlled highway carriage.

4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Fantastic choice in a car. I have had many Porsches and currently 3 in the stable including a Targa GTS 4. In my opinion, this may be the best overall car Porsche makes. It is a great DD, but it also performs quite well and is very enjoyable to toss around our contry roads here in the ozark mountains. I almost prefer it to my RS as it has a great exhaust note, good acceleration, great handling, back seats for the kids and the top comes off. I have had mine since January and have had no issues.

I would stongly urge you to consider the Targa GTS!! The extra HP is worth it.

5. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Candidly, I didn't realize it came in GTS. Doing some research now :)

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I have a 997.2 Targa 4s, which is the prior model with the glass sliding roof (basically a glorified sunroof). It's a great car and I use it as my daily driver. Kids are fine in the back, and even adults for short trips.

The advantage of the 997 Targa's vs the newer (991) ones, is the hatchback that opens on these models only. Makes the car a lot more practical, as I can just open up the hatchback and put stuff in the back.

However, as far as looks, the 991 Targa's definitely look better.

7. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    GTS model was created for the 2015 model year as a favored package from options that many were ordering from the available options listed separately... it centers around the power package ( 430hp combined / included with other favored options...was priced approx. $16,000 ). Check 1 box to get a full compliment of options. Many equally optioned cars were delivered before the GTS label became available