New tires for a CGT | FerrariChat

New tires for a CGT

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by geno berns, Aug 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Hi I know there are new better engeniered Michelin tires that transform the car. So I order the correct version can some off you chime in and tell me what's the latest and the greatest?

Thank you,

Geno

2. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #2 lsmkr01, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Just get the Super Sports. Michelin also offers the higher grip CUP and CUP 2 tires but those limit you in what weather they can be used in as they are practically slicks. Did you already change you rear sway bar to the softest setting? That change along with modern Super Sport tires makes a world of difference. Enjoy is good health, you have one heck of a machine!

3. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Pilot Super Sports are a big improvement. Don't bother with the stock PS2's.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the updated tire is incredible - changes the car completely from white knuckle to good confidence

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Agree, especially the C2. I've read that the 'new generation' Michelin SuperSport C2 is the best improvement for the CGT.

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Thanks all for your input. So here is the link for the tires you speak off:

Using Cookies

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Make sure they're N0 (N Zero) rated. Those are specifically developed for the Porsche CGT.