Sign a brand new GT3 RS! | FerrariChat

Sign a brand new GT3 RS!

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by BMW.SauberF1Team, Oct 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #1 BMW.SauberF1Team, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For any of you in the Philadephia area or will be in the area, Porsche of The Main Line has a new GT3 RS being auctioned off for charity. You can donate money to their pediatric cancer research foundation to sign the car. I picked the rear wing. :)

Don't worry, the car is clear bra'd all over so no damage done.

I found out about it while at McLaren of Philadelphia checking out the super rare McLaren F1 LM currently on display. The owner is in Chicago and has agreed to put his F1 on display as long as the dealership helps use it for a charitable cause. A donation is not required, but if everyone who went to see the F1 donated...they'd get a lot. The dealer told me it should be there until the end of October, but that can change if the owner wants it sooner.

Foundation: The Naya Foundation

The staff was incredibly nice given the amount of visitors they got yesterday and I highly recommend visiting. I drove over 2 hours from the DC area yesterday when I found out about it on Friday.

Also, check out the Simeone Museum in-town. For $12 admission, you can see basically every important car in history. Including this 917. Yes, that is a 1957 TR in the background. :) Their 250 GTO was in Nashville last week and will be back sometime next week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is that the one Ralph Lauren used to own, or a different one?

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Different one. The one at McLaren of Philadelphia is LM2 and was acquired from a collector in Japan not long ago and recently finished being federalized in Baltimore. The owner of LM2 lives in Chicago and also owns a standard silver McLaren F1 (chassis #001). He used to own #031 (white road car) and sold it.

Ralph Lauren still owns LM3 and has owned it since approximately 2004.

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I think, and I'm not sure.... That car was sold to a guy in NY who brought it to a cars and coffee along with the other 5 250 gtos, etc.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The LM belongs to a guy in Chicago who also owns a standard silver road car McLaren F1 (chassis #001). He also used to own a white F1 road car (chassis #031), which he has sold. He recently took the LM out on a rally in NY that you're referring to.

He brought #001 out to a Chicago car show in August of 2015. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id170oP5CUQ

Pics of that car here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/chicago-sponsored-lake-forest-sportscars/495397-upcoming-show-xj220-eb110-mclaren-f1-959-others.html

6. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    #6 bbs911, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the heads up! I go to the PHL area regularly and will go by next time. I also will second your suggestion on going to the Simeone Museum. Incredible collection of some amazing cars. Here's a pic from when I went of the GTO that's currently in Nashville.