PTS Carrera GT "Sand White" question | FerrariChat

PTS Carrera GT "Sand White" question

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by mrcarlosspicey, Oct 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    #1 mrcarlosspicey, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Throughout my childhood here in Omaha, there was a white Carrera GT whose owner drove it with some occasion. At that point, I did not think of it as much more than a "nice" Porsche. Now that I am all grown up, I sort of realize how special the car was.

By "sort of" I mean I cannot, for the life of me, identify the shade of white in which the car was painted.

It was sold in late 2014 for just under $500k and the ad says "Paint to Sample Non-metallic" so that is of no help. The new owner, Graham Rahal, claims it is Sand white and "1 of 1", which, judging by the Carrera GT registry, is not true. Then the car was sold through Isringhausen for $1,099,000, also with the claim that it is a 1 of 1 shade of white and 1 of 4 white Carrera GT's (not true). I also do not believe the car is Grand Prix white but I could be wrong.

Below are photos of the car in Omaha, Californania, and with black HRE's, the last being the sand white car that was delivered to Kuwait, and I would greatly appreciate Your input as to what shade you think the car is. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    #2 mrcarlosspicey, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. mrcarlosspicey