964 Carrrera 2 | FerrariChat

964 Carrrera 2

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Bluebottle, Nov 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    #1 Bluebottle, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Beautiful, seemingly very hard to find car right there!

91 turbo. Awesome car.

3. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I have had my 1989 C4 since it was new and can't imagine ever selling it. I like the combination of "old" body style, with more "modern" mechanicals. It is nice to see the 964s finally getting some recognition. Though their prices are starting to go up slowly, I think they are still a lot of car for the money.

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    That is EXACTLY why I chose mine over the 993 or the 3.2.

Definitely. Buy now while stocks last! Seriously, given the large number of 964s built, particularly C2s, and the perceived advantages of the 993, I think 964s (except RS etc.) will remain good value for quite some time.

Amazing that you have had yours since new - how many miles have you done? Mine is up to 137K now. I had a top end rebuild at 95K, and a respray at 110K, but otherwise it has just been the general maintenance and replacement of the sort of parts that wear on any car (albeit at Porsche prices!!).

5. kalinsd

kalinsd Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
    Washington
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #5 kalinsd, Nov 6, 2016
    GP White with Navy interior C-2 Cab. My first new car purchased off the showroom floor in '92. 64K miles all original with same brakes, clutch, etc:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I have 95K miles on mine currently. I used it as a DD for its first 10 years and now it is primarily for weekend fun. I had the engine resealed because of some oil seepage and it is now leak-free. Original paint and a very reliable car for 27 years. Highly recommend the 964s!

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Another one-owner car, that's brilliant. Love the garage!

8. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Previously had a 964 Turbo 3.6(owned for 4 years) that I daily drove for a brief period, I miss it terribly.

9. kalinsd

kalinsd Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
    Washington
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Thank you.

10. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I sold my 91 964 C2 manual coupe about a year ago, and I regret it terribly. 29K miles, original paint and interior, just in perfect condition.

The new owner stores it at our facility, so I get to look at it every day. But I really want to drive it again; alas, it's not mine anymore.

I offered to purchase it back from him for what he paid me, plus taxes and everything else. He just laughed at me. :) I don't blame him one bit.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I had a 91 turbo and unlike everyone that has chimed in, I didn't like it very much. I had a highly modded 86 turbo that I loved dearly with 95k on it. The 91 had 20k when I sold her and I didn't miss her. It ended up at one of the well known California Porsche stores.

Why didn't I like it? I didn't like the steering as it felt artificial to me. I was used to many years of driving my 930s and the non-assisted steering was sublime. Also, the 964 turbo was too civilized for me. lol

12. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Sold my '93 964 Carrera 4 in the early months of this year. Was an excellent car for many years that I owned it. Kinda hurts when I see it zipping through town with its new owner, but he got a great deal & is giving it some love. :)

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Each to his own. Life would be very boring if we all thought the same.

14. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    #14 Finlander, Nov 7, 2016