911 C4S Wheel Question | FerrariChat

911 C4S Wheel Question

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by NbyNW, Dec 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#1 NbyNW, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Started looking for a daily driver and I'm new to some Porsche details. I found a 2012 911 C4S with light-alloy wheels. Looks like single hub or is it a cover hiding 5 lug nuts? OZ Racing and the description is 8J x 19 Fr/11J x 19 Rr II Light-Alloy Wheels. Are these stock? They look great but any pros or cons? If I wanted a second winter tire set I'm guessing I'd have to get single hub wheels? Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    5 lug nuts hidden behind the "star"......likely that the star is removed by loosening the red central "nut". BBS used to use the same strategy in some of their older basketweave wheels. There should be a special socket wrench (usually plastic) included to loosen the red nut. Oz wheels would not be stock....

Brock

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the quick reply. Very helpful.
    Ray

4. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Tiny rotor!

5. dud

dud Karting

Apr 30, 2016
    Boston
    These are actually pretty good wheels. Very light and didn't hear about any problems. Popular with autocross. Italian designed and made in Italy.

They are fake centerlock. IIRC you can get other caps for the middle.

The car is 5-lug.

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#6 NbyNW, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They look good on the car too. Found it on autotrader and it's at Leith Porsche. Love the color combo just not the right time to make an offer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. dud

dud Karting

Apr 30, 2016
    Boston
    Looks like an aftermarket wing, too. Not sure whether 997 had a sportdesign package like that.

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. dud

dud Karting

Apr 30, 2016
    Boston
    No, that is factory.

The price is probably a bit lower because the original wheels are lost (and more expensive than the O.Z.). I guess that this car might have seen some autocross and have a couple of evidence nicks?

10. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Not the best looking factory wing that Porsche designed. But, definitely factory.

11. Joey911

Joey911 Rookie

Jan 5, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    Not stock wheels, nice though.