1970 911E might be for sale | FerrariChat

1970 911E might be for sale

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by derekw, Dec 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I have to make a decision soon about my 911E. I am moving to Europe in 8 months so will either sell it in Canada/US or ship it over. It is currently black but I may paint it back to its original Irish Green before shipping it out. It's a matching numbers 911E delivered new in Germany to a Canadian Colonel who brought it back to Ottawa. It was then with Horst Kroll a while, then two committee members in PCOA Upper Canada, the second one got the engine rebuilt by Auguste Lecourt at 100k kms (now 120k) and also had a bare metal repray in black.

I have the original Recaro seats in tan and may recover them in leather (they were originally leather as per the COA). I planned to pull the old carpets, soda blast the floors and sills and replace any metal that is not good (I sprayed rust converter on some surface rust when I got the car to stop any further rust.) There is a small (20cm x 10cm) patch in the floor under the LHS passenger's feet and some of the original undercoating is cracking and coming off. I have the front bumper horns, excellent original steering wheel, old Blaupunkt radio and the wheels are the original date stamped Fuchs.

Are these injected LWB cars worth more in the US or Europe? I would have to keep it for a year in Europe but it would get in duty/tax free.

thanks for any advice, Derek

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1lburybjpbooco/AABkp_yBRwlKp4UpoZY4lmEIa?dl=0

2. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    #2 lopena, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    The U.S. Dollar is very strong right now versus the CAD and the Euro ($1.03!), so selling in the USA for dollars will yield you a greater number of CAD or Euros, all other things being equal. Also, the U.S. market for number-matching LWB's remains pretty strong, despite the recent pullback.

You should post this car on the Early 911S Registry website...it's where the early 911 maniacs hang out.

Good luck!
    Alan

3. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Going back to Irish Green is a particularly good idea as the frunk is still green.

4. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Definitely go back to Irish Green. Color changes are always worth less then repainted original color. Good luck!