911R for sale | FerrariChat

911R for sale

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by VconLifestyle, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VconLifestyle

VconLifestyle Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 2, 2016
    #1 VconLifestyle, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
    Know of two 911R that are priced pretty well in my opinion to the market.

2. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    what's pretty well?

3. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    If priced near msrp, that would be priced well in my book

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The 991R price is the big question now that Porsche confirmed the 991.2 GT3 will have a manual. What will be so special other than the limited run of R once the GT3 comes out with a manual box?

5. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    ^this, i was offered 911r about 6 months ago, dealer still has it now $75000 less....i will watch the 'r' market slowly dive

6. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    sent ya PM :)

7. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    sent ya email :)

8. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    the recent 24 hrs at Daytona featured a totally re engineered chassis with a lot of innovation that departed from the way things have been done... this new car ran away from the competition... 17 more races to prove the new way... is much better and faster... recent marketing features the evolution in the new models as they are released... any new car featuring better and faster is going to affect pricing and demand for any existing models... the excellent results make the existing "hot" cars more available at better pricing... Sebring is coming up next to confirm the new level of performance

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I feel so fortunate LOL. The Porsche dealer I work with has offered me the dealer principals R for a meat 599K. I told them no thanks. I hate to think with a value these cars will do when the new GT three comes out with a manual transmission.

10. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Amazing that a real race car made in small numbers, the GT3R, is 500K but these hyped up street cars are commanding greater prices. Market froth at it's greatest!

11. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    If it's cheap enough Ill buy it. DM me.

12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Isn't the new race car - a real mid engine?

Maybe the 911 next gen will lose the +2 rear seats and move the engine to match the race car setup.

Robb

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I was offered a delivery miles example here in the UK recently (RHD) for $998,000

14. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    You should have told him, "that's a great price! An even $600k would have been WAY too much, but $599k totally has my interest". Wtf is wrong with people pricing mid-six digit tickets like they're a ****ing toothbrush.

15. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    It's still every bit of a 400k car, even more so with PTS.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'd love a 911 R but the prices for it are absurd. In my opinion the whole second hand high end auto market is out of control. I'd be careful about buying anything second hand that's over MSRP at this point because eventually this stupid market will correct itself and quickly when it does.

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  18. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I have driven a 911R. And it's as special as it's made out to be. I greatly prefer the feel of the R over a GT3 or GT3RS, and it's not just the manual transmission.

And, the R looks far better than the overdone (IMHO) GT cars. Sure, all of those wings, scoops, vents, and whatnot are functional, and if I was buying a track car, I'd want all of that, but for the street, the R is just perfect.

In other words, believe the hype. :)

I'm going to withhold my opinion on values, however. The fact that the new GT3 will have a manual is sort of irrelevant, given how special the 911R is. If Porsche makes another car like the 911R in the near future, though...

19. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    #19 cheesey, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    approaching true mid engine...that's what the talking heads were saying during the broadcast the engine had been moved forward along with other innovations... got some promotional material on the new car from the factory, didn't try to digest all the innovation, there will be more follow up with more details... as they sort out what they have and how they will market it... it would be prudent to wait and avoid paying premiums for the 911R until the markets settle down

20. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    If you are waiting for a 200-300k 911R, that won't happen.

21. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Michael and others,

I have heard this and have wondered what is it that is so special. Not trying to be difficult, but am really trying to understand the benifits of this car over a GT3. At least on paper, the R is a GT3 with a manual transmission and no wing.... How might it be better than getting a new manual GT3 and delete the wing? Actually the car really needs a duck-tail. :)

22. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    The entire car is tuned to be a street car, as opposed to a track car. The suspension is softer, the ride height is ever so slightly higher, and many of the other little but important things that Porsche knows how to do so well. The GT3/GT3RS is not a car that I would want to drive around town, or even on the highway for long periods of time. I would drive the 911R every day and everywhere.

Sure, they both can be used on the street or track, of course, but it's the little subtle things that add up.

Sort of like the difference between the Cayman GT4 and the Boxster Spyder. The GT4 is a track car. The Spyder is tuned for the street. There is something very sublime about the way the Spyder feels on the road; you just want to keep driving it. And I drive my Spyder as much as I can. :)

23. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Gotcha! Thanks.

I enjoyed my GT3. It was a car I could drive every day, but was very enjoyable on our back country roads or in the mountains. When I traded up to the RS, I was quite dissapointed. As noted, it was not something I enjoyed driving back roads or on rally's. It would be nice if Porsche did an R that mere mortals could get their hands on.

24. TnJed

TnJed Karting

Apr 20, 2015
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Eric Griffin
    It also has a 20 in the back, instead of a 21.

I'd take a Spyder over a GT4 every time. Same with R and RS.

At 185-200, the 911R is one of the best cars ever made.

At 500, it has heavy competition. Like high mile CGTs.

I had a guy try and buy mine, only to back out when I met all his wants. Everyone is scared of R right now.

25. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    #25 MrRdStr, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Recent purchase ( 991.1 S, MANUAL, PDCC, Sport Exhaust ) in hopes of ordering a manual GT3 / wing delete :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login