Just installed Forza componenti (Bypass Controller) | FerrariChat

Just installed Forza componenti (Bypass Controller)

Discussion in '348/355' started by Petef355, Jul 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Petef355

Petef355 Rookie

Apr 28, 2014
    This exhaust by pass controller works fantastic. Guys at Forza designed a custom controller to work with my Capristo bypass valve. The best part it cost half the price that capristo wants for there controller.. Like to say thank u to the guys at Forza awesome job and fantastic customer service.. I recommend them any day.

2. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Thanks, Pete. Those guys are just me at the present time. Very pleased it is working out for you.

Regards,

Steve

3. XLR8R

XLR8R Karting

Feb 14, 2013
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matt
    This is a one-off...or also available for others?

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Photos please. What do you mean by controller? Is this a replacement for the OME POS valve?

5. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Others are available. The exhaust bypass controller has, to date, been installed and is functional with F355, 360, and f430. Expect to have full results very soon on 458.

The work I did working with Pete was to ensure that in his situation with Capristo valve it functioned correctly. With that experience, I made some changes to make the controller compatible with any F355 regardless of which bypass valve is installed.

Steve

You can read more here .. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-parts-collectibles/442322-exhaust-valve-bypass-controller.html

6. F1moving

F1moving Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 7, 2014
    BUCKeYe!
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Watch burning out those cats!

7. Petef355

Petef355 Rookie

Apr 28, 2014
    No cats to burn out..sound coming from the tubi exhaust is incredible.

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The only problem with OBDII (5.2 Motronic on the 96 to 99 F355s) is if you leave the bypass valve open, the thermoprobe sends a signal to the Motronic sensing the higher temps all the time...even while at idle, when it expects the valve to be close and exhaust temps to lower. So it WILL set a Check Engine light. Not a huge deal to clear..but can be annoying to do all the time. I wouldn't think of defeating the CE light as it needs to be functioning for emission tests, and gives you valuable information that the engine is running properly and emission controls are working.

The bigger problem (for all production year F355s) is if you leave the valve open all the time, it will mess with your short and long term fuel trims. That could lead to problems down the road and additional CE lights. Ferrari of Seattle experimented with doing a "hard wire" set up on my car (Capristo exhaust and Capristo bypass valve) with a switch in the cockpit to open the valve all the time, or return to normal function. They were able to spoof the system to avoid CE lights for the Motronic sensing the valve always open, but mentioned that it was obvious too little exhaust was going over the pre catalyst O2 sensors and almost everything was bypassing and this was messing with the fuel trims.

The solution would be to move the pre-cat O2 sensors to the collector on the exhaust manifolds. I asked them to just throw in the towel and stop at that point. Interesting exercise they did, and gained a lot of information about the exhaust system.

BTW, I am looking forward to getting one of these after I locate an F430B. It looks to be an awesome product! ;)

9. Petef355

Petef355 Rookie

Apr 28, 2014
    I have had my computer reprogrammed and Dino tested by Home - Engineered Automotive. Picked up extra power and no problems with annoying check engine lights..Not cheap but worth it.. They do everything in house no need to send computer to Italy..U be amazed with there 40000 square feet Automtive shop..

10. st4rk

st4rk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 7, 2011
    Was it running too lean or too rich? If it caused it to run rich it wouldn't bother me.