Key Code | FerrariChat

Key Code

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Sep 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #1 whatheheck, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went to my dealer to get my spare key (re)programmed as it wont unlock the doors using the remote control.

The key will unlock the door manually/mechanically, and the key will start the car, but the remote fob wont unlock the doors.

So I went to my dealer and they told me I need the key code. So I showed them this which came with the car, and they told me those numbers are NOT the keycode and I need to request the keycode for my car from Ferrari of North America.

My question to you folks is what does they key code numbering look like? And isnt this my keycode?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    #2 Motob, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Those plastic cards are the codes for the Meta alarm fobs inside each key. The dealership is probably not used to seeing those. They are not used by anyone except Meta (the alarm manufacturer) in order to code fobs and the alarm system.

There is a PIN code for the immobilizer that corresponds to the immobilizer chip that is in each key. This is the electronic code that the dealership is used to seeing, and is on a piece of security paper that was supplied with the car when it was new.

The other card that you have is the Becker radio code card that was also supplied with the car when it was new. This has the code for the radio, should you disconnect the battery you will need to enter this code in order to get the radio to function.

Since the key will start your car, we know that it has the correct PIN code in the immobilizer chip that is in the key (which is a separate part in the key from the alarm fob electronics). The fact that the alarm will not function tells me that the alarm fob is not synchronized to the alarm ECU in the car. If you have a key that has a functioning alarm fob that will arm and disarm the alarm in the car, then you can synchronize the alarm fob in the new key yourself.

Just follow this procedure:

B.) Alarm Programming

To synchronize the Alarm Transmitters you must have one functional key.
    1. Using a functional key remote, slowly press the button sixteen times. This will
    enter the self learn mode as indicated by the LED not responding.

2. Select one new key, press the lock button ONCE

3. Select the second new key and again press the lock button ONCE (If more keys
    are available repeat step 3 accordingly)

4. DO NOT continue to press lock/unlock button on the keys, this will cause the
    system to loose synchronization.

5. To exit the self learn mode, install any key into the ignition and cycle the ignition
    one time. (If the door is locked after the last key is entered, do not use the lock
    button to open the car, use the key in the lock cylinder.)

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Excellent info!

Thanks Brian!

Dan

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
  5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
  6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #6 Eric C, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Got it.

I will search for it in my owner's manual pile.

Thanks Eric!

Dan

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Brian,

Your procedure below worked!!!!! Thank you!!!!! Problem solved!!!!!
    Both of my remote key fobs now fully works!

I cant thank you enough for sharing this great information. Many many thanks to you.

If you would be kind enough and eMail me your home address I would like to send you at least a Starbucks gift card or a souvenir from Boeing (I work for Boeing) as a token of appreciation.

All the best to you,

Dan
    [email protected]

9. Motob

Motob Formula 3

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Hi Dan,
    I am glad that you were able to solve your alarm issue.
    I get pleasure out of just helping people out (when they actually take my advice).
    Kind of surprised, (but not really) that the dealership could not program the alarm fob.

I work for a dealership, and the information on the correct procedure to program the keys is there, but you have to know where to look for it.

Regards,
    Brian Brown

10. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    So I happened upon this thread after trying to get the keys working with a simple battery swap.

I was bummed out that I’d have to have my first trip to the dealer I’ve something so silly.

But this process worked great!! Now I have a backup for my primary key.

If only it could pop the trunk....it’s a pain in the ass to go to Costco

whatheheck likes this.
  11. Alan NZ

Alan NZ Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Hi Brian

I went to use my spare key last weekend and to my dismay it wouldn't operate the door locks and alarm. I last used it about 3 months ago and it worked perfectly. The first thing I did was to check the batteries and they were fine. It did however start the car so that confirmed that the problem was limited to the alarm.

I first tried pressing the alarm button multiple times, but although it worked for others, it still wasn't working for me with over 300 presses. Today I found your advice about pressing the working key alarm button 16 times, hit the spare key once and turn the ignition on and off. This worked!

Thanks very much.

whatheheck likes this.
  12. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    How long before it goes 'off' or mis sync again?

13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Cyt, I think that's hard to say.....

As preventive practice I now alternate used of both keys regularly.

Dan

14. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Out of curiosity, does this also apply to the 360, or just the 430?

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Just the F430.

There is a thread here on how to reprogram keyfobs on a 360. (Different procedure I believe)

Dan

16. Alan NZ

Alan NZ Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I now alternate my keys rather than keeping one as a spare. I would also recommend to keep some spare batteries (CR1220 x2) and keep a copy of the procedure handy.

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Holyyyyy crapppp! It’s 1:00Am and as soon as I read this I ran to my car to try it out. I’ve been trying to figure out how to program my second key the past few days and gave up and decided to go to the dealer. I’m so happy. I cannot thank you enough!! This made my week. Thank you so much!!

whatheheck likes this.
  18. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    I did it on my 360. It worked. I have three fobs. Two black ones and one red.
    The spare ref took about 25 presses and worked the spare black one I lost count at 200plus... but all work now.

whatheheck likes this.
  19. kestrou

kestrou Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2023
    Danville, IL
    Full Name:
    Kevin E. Stroud
    Brian - you da man, brother! Above worked great and now both my keys function - woooooot!

What’s your favorite cold beverage? I’m buying - not kidding! :)

Kevin

Kerwind likes this.