2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 20 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He blamed it on Honda..

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    They said it was Mclaren's fault!

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Who blamed uncle Ron..

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    1.) I have no idea why people are bashing me on this...I never said that this incident is completely Max fault!!! I only said he could have avoided it as well and therefore has his share

2.) Your picture is AFTER the first contact as you can see at the wheels...The rear of Kimi is already turned by the contact and this is why he is not straight anymore. Looking at the onboard one could see that Kimi is driving a straight line parallel to the white line until the crash when he is turned around...
    Max on the other hand is NOT driving a straight line...He is driving to the right first and when he sees Seb he is driving to the left. He was driving into the line of Kimi, not the other way round

See at 0:21 the correction to the left by Max...

You see: you do not have to photoshop anything, just have a close look ;)

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, it was no doubt Alonso's fault..he shouldn't be so far up the grid...

6. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    If Vettel was not in contention for the WDC there would less incentive to place 100% blame on him, as apparently the F1 media has. Call it aggressive, even stupid in the context of the WDC points, but I see Vettel defending his pole position, Max trying to recover because he'd about to be swamped by Kimi, and Kimi squeezing Max because despite his great start, he realizes he's not going to be a good position for the first corner. There's a reason this is the first time ever that two Ferraris failed to finish the first lap of a race. The perfect storm of all racing incidents...

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sweater man will not be too happy ..watching the team slowly sinking.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I do not believe this team is "slowly sinking" at all. The fact is they've got their stuff together at lightening speed to snatch pole that looked certain to be Red Bull's is a sign of being on their toes. That's not sinking. This crash was a racing incident. That's all it is. Their is some shared accountability from all three of them and at this point a bit more on Max than Seb and certainly Kimi is almost completely absolved but in the end they each did something the other would do if in the others situation. This incident just stings much more than any other I've seen in years except maybe Elton Ham-Dashian passing that loser ****** Tito Time Out Glock at the last turn of the last corner...

Bas and NEP like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Completely agree that the team is not sinking.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm waiting/hoping for heads to roll. The team needs a serious shake-up. That includes the drivers.

11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    In accordance with the published ENFORCEMENT OF RULES IN F1 FORUM, a 1-month ban has been applied for Bas Jaski:

All the best,
    Andrew.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This seems a bit Rediculous.

13. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Just when room is running out for Max you can see him fiddling with the steering, but instead of lifting off for a moment to let those Ferraris do their thing he does, in the apparent realization that space is running out continue to go in flat out. I am not arguing the colission was his fault but it was on him to avoid it.

What's the point of complaining "I would have won" but then not being capable to stay out of trouble. Sure, Vettel can't blame anyone else but then he doesn't. I would also win every race if there were no other drivers.

P.Singhof likes this.
  14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes ..and Vettel by serving to the left cutting off Max left a big space for Hamilton to drive through, in retrospect watching the replay he will be kicking himself, because let's face it, they were of no concern to his WDC bid.

15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Now you have all the British/LH fanboys crying all over social media that Vettel wasn't penalized.

Biggest bunch of crybabies on earth. Its not enough for them that LH has a cakewalk to the title now. Now Vettel has to get a penalty. The British F1 fans probably have to be the most perpetually butthurt people ever. Theyre still mad about Baku. Hell theyre still mad about MSC kicking everyones ass for years

moretti likes this.
  16. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Lift off
    See at 0,06: you know what: "Er wurde eingeklemmt, so Verstappen ist Unschuldig" bedeutet....:)

That viewpoint is probably the best so far, I now actually think Kimi is just as guilty as Vettel maybe even more so. He didn't leave Max space while he himself had lot's of space on his left, he was even steering into Max just before impact while Vettel suddenly and very rapidly approached from the right in less than a second (from 0,01 to 0,02). Kimi gave Max too little space.

Max was just accelerating almost death straight in the middle of the track. And than some say it was Max who should've lifted ? ridiculous.

It's a shame obviously, it's a big big blow to Vettel's title chances.

Robbe likes this.
  17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually it is a fair question. Several polls of fans worldwide have shown that 60% of the guilt lies with Seb. He is because of Baku already "on probation". If he'd get some penalty points for this one, there would be a real chance/risk that he'd get a one race ban. The FIA stewards were very aware of that, which is probably why they didn't give him a penalty. But if he does one more bone headed thing like this, they might throw the book and a one race ban at him which would likely decide the championship.

18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Actually, the Silverstone 2016 where he forced Massa off the track has dropped (1 year) 2pts. The next one to follow is 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix 2pts caused a collision with Nico Rosberg. Then 2016 Mexican Grand Prix 2pts drove dangerously (incident involving Daniel Ricciardo).

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005

20. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN

Easy now, as a self proclaimed fan of Hamilton I can say that giving Vettel a penalty would be completely innappropriate. This was a racing incident and nothing more. Everyone is scrambling for the same position in the first lap.

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

I agree his posts are generally valuable and his ban is a shame. However, the rules apply to everyone and the consequences of not adhering to them are not subject to modification to reflect member popularity.

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, I know what it means, but just because Marc Surer says so does not mean this is the final word...
    I do not see where Kimi is steering to the right but Max is not driving a straight line, that simply is not true! I still think Max could have avoided contact if he had payed more attention...so he has his share in the accident just as the others have -> race incident

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There's little pony in arguing over it, to most people it's a racing incident, three drivers vying for the lead, and with various intentions, crashed. It's gifted the world championship away prematurely, but hey, who cares, we knew the Mercedes would get it anyway as soon as they got on top of the tyre issues and managed to get the FIA to remove the quick bits on the ferrari, so what does it matter?

Let's look forward to seeing if bottles can beat the donut, and if Maxine can now turn his attentions to smashing into Mercedes cars - he's done red bulls, now he's done ferraris, must be their turn soon. This is the real story of this years championship - how many people can Maxine take out of races this year without being banned or vilified for it. Bet kyvat and grosjean are sniffing their armpits and wondering why everyone still loves max, while they are hated, yet they all have the same kamikaze style

ScuderiaRossa and 375+ like this.
  24. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    First you say it is a racing incident, and then it is all Max's fault? Yes, he bumped Ric out of the race, true. But remember that he was bumped out of the spanish GP by Kimi, who got bumped by Bottas.
    Does that count as a Mercedes-smashing or a Ferrari-smashing by Max for you? Just curious.

25. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My thoughts exactly...anyway good luck in getting a reply ;)