Max Verstappen | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    More likely it will come back to him and cost him a few more victories and maybe even WDC....I doubt that the drivers of today are that easy to intimidate as they were when Senna took racing into a new professionalism...
    And I do not see why Mass should be wrong: after entering F1 and winning the very first race at RB people were only talking about how many WDC he will get and this he first have to deliver...There are certainly others who remained a everlasting talent. And taking away the credibility of someone with more than 100 GP in a forum where everyone has an opinion without a single GP under his belt is ironic at best...

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    So you didn't like it that I don't put much weight of what Mass had to say yet at the same time you dispute Surer's comments on the accident?

Where is the logic in that?

Personally I don't give a hoot about either of these two. Both are have-beens or never-weres. I like Surer because of my Swiss bias and he certainly knows his stuff (and I agree with him on the Verstappen deal) but for general expert comments I'd rather go with F1 winners or champions.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    They are both entitled to have their opinion and nobody has to share theirs...I never said that Surer has no credibility because he is not a WDC so your comparison is invalid. I did not say either that Mass must be right because he has 100 GP starts...
    And it makes no sense that the opinion of a F1 driver is more valid because he won races or WDC as this is only a sign of an ability to drive a car and not necessarily that he knows what he is talking about...

PS: Villeneuve is a good example...does his WDC give his opinion more credibility?

daytona355 likes this.
  4. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Was thinking exactly the same.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yup, the same was said about Hamilton, especially when he had a period of locking horns with Massa.
    He seems to be doing alright when I last looked ..;)

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's true that he may end up a casualty, but maybe at the same time he is showing he ain't going to be pushed around by the big guns.

When it comes down to, what do I stand to lose here showing Max who's boss, that should be a deciding factor on whether it's a safer option to give him a wide berth or not.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Man, you're really digging out ancient stuff. That's a bit like comparing MS with Frentzen in their Sauber days. :)

kraftwerk likes this.
  8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha well yes, but I wouldn't want to be accused of opening a can of worms now would I ..;)

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unless Maxine grows up a bit, his undoubted talent will be lost in a pile of carbon fibre that could have been, he wants to prove he talented in every single metre he races, which is fine, except there are 20 other guys out there that will not, and should not, let themselves believe he is better than them. The dipstick will keep crashing until he learns that others will rarely give him space, he has to create it for himself but without that creation meaning he has to crash. Comparisons with Senna, or the GOAT Schumacher, are unfounded at this time, as he has done **** all compared to them, and his intimidation moves mostly end in a massive crash. Neither of those mentioned were involved in that many crashes over their entire careers, they knew that you have to take a CALCULATED chance, not a headstrong lunge.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, any idiot can try a great move crashing against the other...now a seriously good driver will pull an amazing overtaking without taking with him half the car of the other guy....max still has a lot to learn, but i seriously doubt if he will, because he's to cocky and arrogant to understand his own mistakes, and his father and red bull managment aren't helping!

11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

vinuneuro and tifosi12 like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It doesn't matter how many overtakes you make...ig you have a mercedes and you start laste very race you will overtake 10x as much as any other driver, what matters are the overtakings when youtr fighting with someone who has a car as competitive as yours. nobosy said Max can't overtake, but more often than not, he is not a fair driver when fighting for position, defending or atacking. As i've said, i saw many drivers that were a lot more agressive than him behaving in a much more correct way, drivers that no one was afraid of geting in a fight with, becaus ethey knew thwy were fair and would not do stupid things.

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just ordered my #33 t-shirt for the USGP. In orange of course.

ypsilon likes this.
  14. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    To pack it away after turn one?

E60 M5, NEP, daytona355 and 1 other person like this.
  15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ROFL

Right, to leave after lap 1.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He said Max Verstappen, not Ferrari

tifosi12 likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Interesting Stats after the Singapore GP and before the Malaysian GP.:(

A look into Max Verstappen’s F1 season so far makes painful viewing for travelling fans
    News
    [​IMG]
    Posted By: Editor | 21 Sep 2017 | 11:48 am

Max Verstappen’s season so far, in which he has earned 68 points and holds sixth place in the Formula 1 drivers’ standings, throws up some unexpected statistics.

With the collisions and reliability problems he’s suffered for Red Bull, Verstappen holds an unfortunate record this season having spent the least time on track, and covered the least distance out of any full-time driver in 2017.

The fiery 19-year-old draws huge, easy-to-spot crowds to races, but he has spent nearly half the time racing on track as drivers’ standings leader Lewis Hamilton, who has tallied 22 hours and nine minutes.

Verstappen, in comparison, has spent 11 hours and 46 minutes racing in 2017.

With just 457 raced laps under his belt, Verstappen has only completed more laps on a Sunday than Paul di Resta, Antonio Giovinazzi and Jenson Button – all stand-ins who completed around 60 laps each.

Fernando Alonso, even after having missed the Monaco Grand Prix, has completed 47 more laps than Verstappen, who has suffered poor fortune in terms of reliability, with a few collisions thrown in – including the most recent one on the opening lap of the Singapore Grand Prix and the crash which took him out of the Austrian GP.

[​IMG]

The driver who has raced the most laps in 2017 is Lewis Hamilton with 834, over the Force India pair of Esteban Ocon (828) and Sergio Perez (814).

In terms of laps completed in every session – including qualifying, practice and race – Verstappen has completed 1562, putting him 18th in that leaderboard in 2017.

With fewer laps completed this season than Verstappen is Jolyon Palmer (1523 laps) and Alonso with 1369 laps.

Force India’s Ocon has completed the most with 2191, over Valtteri Bottas (2118) and Sergio Perez (2100), meaning that Force India can comfortably boast about its reliability, while Mercedes has been duly dependant this year once again.

That’s 2308km of racing this season for Verstappen: fewer than any full-time driver this season has completed.

Alonso has raced 324km more. Once again, only substitutes Giovinazzi (308km), di Resta (263) and Button (190) have covered fewer kilometres while racing this year.

[​IMG]

Seven disastrous grands prix

Having become the youngest F1 race winner at the 2016 Spanish GP, Verstappen has his fans and the sea of orange-clad spectators has become a familiar sight at many circuits. More performances such as his incredible comeback through the rain in Brazil last season have only expanded Verstappen’s fanbase.

However, if you were one of the Verstappen fans unlucky enough to have witnessed him race in Bahrain, Spain, Azerbaijan, Austria, Belgium or Singapore, you’d have only seen him race for just over an hour.

Because he retired early from all of those seven grands prix, Verstappen spent an estimated 1 hour, 11 minutes and 32 seconds on track, including the generous estimate of 10s he spent racing in Singapore before the Turn 1 crash took him out.

Again in Austria, Verstappen was collected in Turn 1 and spent under 13s actually racing.

Considering that it costs around £500-600 to purchase a ticket, stay at a mid-range hotel and keep a daily budget of around £60, it would’ve cost this unfortunate fan £3500 to witness under an hour of racing, not including the flights.

With return flights costing around £2500 in total for all six races, this one Verstappen fan would have been set back a staggering £6000 just to witness this unfortunate spell, lasting just over an hour.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/09/the-numbers-behind-max-verstappens-f1-season-so-far-reveal-an-unfortunate-statistic/

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good one too. :)

19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

It looks to me that Max Verstappen is getting under the skin of Sebastien Vettel, who can see in the Dutchman his main rival of the future.
    I imagine that, just for that reason, Enzo Ferrari would have recruited him in the Scuderia, just to spur the 4-time WDC.
    The Commendatore liked to pitch his drivers against each other, and watch the firework !

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari's protocol with regards to 18yr. olds and 19yr. olds and signing them for a seat in F1 is frowned upon and I believe has never happened. They (Ferrari) would like someone that is seasoned (usually 3 to 6 yrs under their belt depending on race-craft).

22. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Seasoned in the sense that they won`t cause incidents right after the lights turn green on sunday you mean.....

LOL.

Max proved to be more than seasoned for F1, let's just hope F1 is seasoned enough for Max.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I think Vettel will retire before Verstappen is in a car that is as competitive as what Vettel is driving.

24. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    I'd like to see Vettel and Max in a Ferrari from 2019 onwards......

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I'm waiting for a Leclerc and Max deul.....and not a Sauber C____ vs. a RedBull RB___. That would be unfair.:p

ypsilon likes this.