Orange County Canyon Carving | FerrariChat

Orange County Canyon Carving

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by robertpel9, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If anyone here is interested in some Morning canyon cruising though say Santiago canyon, carbon canyon, etc. Please let me know. I'm usually up early on Sunday and take either the 360 or the NSX out for a cruise through the twisties, followed by Breakfast. I have to imagine there are some other Orange County owners who would have fun meeting up and doing the same. If there is any interest please reply here.

2. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    We just went there this weekend. I’m always up for canyon cruising!

http://youtu.be/pXMiTb9yqjU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Nice drive. Just be careful with those CHPs.

4. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Same here I'm down! TruBru is a great meet up spot.

5. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    C'mon now, it's common knowledge that OC exotic owners only drive their cars to coffee on a perfect weekend day. It's us LA guys who drive the cars as they were intended, get them dirty, and rack up the miles! Joking aside, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Are there any great back roads in the middle of nowhere there?

6. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    There are a few but they can get busy once it passes the 8am mark. Still some gorgeous roads. We’re doing highway 33 next week if anyone’s interested.

7. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd like to join. Where and when is the starting point meetup??

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, that's not exactly in OC ?

9. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    #9 Sky Hye, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Sorry I forgot to give details. I believe we’re meeting in the valley. You can add us on FB where they post most of the details. I’m one of the group leaders however I don’t have FB. I’ll post more details as I get them.

Edit: added a photo with the location

Attached Files:

10. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'd be down for that probably Robert. I take carbon canyon to brea for a simple place called Pepe's just as an excuse for a drive and a burrito lol. Do you ever go out with the NSX crew? They have some big groups and great routes they do. I had an nsx for years and they still let me tag along lol

11. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I’d be down to get out of the house. Been itching to open up the Scud.

12. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    How about we all meet Sunday, October 1 at 7am?? Please post here if you are in.

Shadow F430 - How do i find out info on the NSX drives. I just picked one up 3 weeks ago and would be interested in that also?? THANKS

13. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Where would you wanna meet? I’m about 90% in. Just picked up an 09 Scud

14. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm open. We could meet in the Mimi's Parking Lot at the corner of Yorba Linda Blvd and Imperial Highway. Thats easy access to where Carbon Canyon starts in Brea and ends in Chino and if anyone is interested in more it a quick loop down to Santiago Canyon which will either dump people off back in South OC or loop back up to North OC. Seems pretty central............. Let me know - would love to check out the Scud. Who else is in??

15. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    We'll have a small group driving from Orange down to Moulins Bistro Cars and Coffee in Newport Beach this Sunday morning. If anyone is interested please PM me.

16. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Im gonna hit up Santiago this Saturday Morning with a photographer friend. Anyone in?

17. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert

Sure

18. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Shoot me a text. Most likely going to meet near my place in lake forest.

19. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    How long driving stretches are these Carbon or Santiago Canyons ? Worth a trip from Riverside area ? How is the traffic on them on early Sundays, let's say before 7am ?

20. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Where in riverside?

Never done carbon but Santiago in itself is about 15-20 min just cruising. I tend to keep it under 70 cause there’s tons of cops and cyclists. The great thing about It though is there are several gorgeous side roads. Modjeska is one of the most beautiful this side of the country I think. If you are coming from riverside I’d say it’ll be worth your while to just take Santiago all the way to Laguna. 133 is pretty nice.

I’ll attach a photo of modjeska and a short video

Attached Files:

21. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    You guys are crazy to post details in an open forum. CHP reads these too...

22. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I’m not concerned. Like I said you can’t speed at Santiago. Always chp and cyclists.

23. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, perhaps if combining Santiago with a route to-from Riverside via Ortega Hwy, it might be worth a try someday, but doesn't seem very much by itself.

I usually like to spend at least 2-3 hrs driving if heading out early Sundays, but have been known occasionally to get "lost in driving pleasures" for many more hours, sometimes even for entire day. Fortunately, IE and surrounding deserts & mountains offer plenty of interesting routes to enjoy all that.
    It might take me 30-45 minutes on the "conveyor belts" (= freeways) to get to more interesting roads like 2, 18, 38, 74, 243, 330, etc, but at least the car is fully warmed up by the time I get started.

24. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    In that case add us on fb/ig socal scenic drive club. We do longer cruises

25. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd be up to head out to riverside and explore some areas I've not been to before. Let me know when you are headed out next. I typically do carbon canyon first, its dumps back onto the 91 then go thru satiago down to laguna beach then brunch then back up. Its a good 3-4 hours gig