My New GTC4Lusso | FerrariChat

My New GTC4Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by phanliu, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    After debating for some time took the plunge into a 4 seater. Finally took possession of the Lusso and all I can say is "WOW"! Could not have imagined that Ferrari could make a car this user-friendly and all-rounder.

The first impression I got was how updated everything was - like a car from the current generation with all the touchscreen and high definition graphics.

Next, the sound although not as loud as my previous F12 but it's there - Love It!

The drive is so compliant and easy - Love how quiet the cabin is. Personally, I feel that Ferrari has nailed this one quite well to be an all-rounder Ferrari. I got two little kids and it's perfect.

Now I can see why people with the FF and the Lusso love the practicality of this car - All I can say is WOW - It's Amazing. The best part is I can fly under the radar on the streets without much attention which is a great plus for me living in a small town. Has all the positive aspects of Ferrari without being too flashy!

My previous red 458 spider was an attention magnet everywhere I went but now it's like people see my Lusso as a station wagon but I don't care - it looks ecstatic and love the presence of it in my opinion.

Great Car!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Other FF and Lusso owners feel free to post your experiences! :))

Haider338, Bundy, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  2. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Pictures?

3. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
  4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Very nice, congrats!!!

phanliu likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats - the car will continue to surprise you as you put some miles on it - both in how docile it can be when needed and then how much of a beast the car is!

phanliu likes this.
  6. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations, it's beautiful! It's kind of nice not to have it read "Ferrari" quite so much. I'll bet a lot of normal people won't even notice it. A buddy in town has a black one, and sometimes even I don't recognize it right away.

phanliu likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!

phanliu likes this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wonderful post, can't wait for ours. Like I have said many times the FF was my favourite car ever, sounds like the Lusso will live up to it!

Bundy, F12KID, phanliu and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Beautifully specced GTC4 Lusso!

of2worlds and phanliu like this.
  10. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Congrats! Love the black inserts on charcoal

phanliu and Brian L like this.
  11. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Thanks for all the comments - filled gas the other day at a busy pump and no one walked up to me as in my past experiences with my F12 and 458 Spider where at least a couple of people would come up and ask questions but they always had a positive reaction which I was lucky with. Now with my Lusso people just walked right by and didn't even take note it was a Ferrari. It's that much under the radar. Don't get me wrong guys not complaining a bit actually it's a nice welcome for a change.

uhn2000 - let us know when you take delivery of yours! You will love it as much as your FF I bet.

of2worlds and Brian L like this.
  12. bradb1us

bradb1us Karting

Jun 19, 2009
    Utah
    Love the spec!! I'm partial to white Lusso's. ;)

phanliu likes this.
  13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I would love that. Contrary to what I have read on the forum, a Nero Daytona FF with shields and Giallo calipers seem to get attention nearly everywhere. Maybe it's the Giallo calipers...

14. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Yes, absolutely the Giallo calipers calls for attention. I got mine in silver w/ the carbon center hubs and that is another thing that it passes under radar.

15. ok458

ok458 Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The car is awesome. People who know nice cars love it. It doesn't draw attention and it's a blast to drive. Long distance trips are the best! Less attention getting than a 308....and I love it.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Very very nice!!

ok458 likes this.
  17. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Hard to imagine it not drawing attention. Certainly less than a 308, which makes people think you are Magnium P.I.

18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    All this Lusso love, it's making the wait for mine harder... Should be here soon though. I really do love the direction that Ferrari have taken with this car. My FF is with the dealer to be sold now. Being without any kind of 4 seat Ferrari leaves a bigger hole than expected. Enjoy your GT4 Lussos everyone!

of2worlds and F12KID like this.
  19. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I am one of the guys that it took quite some time to fall for this car. I was not a big fan initially and it started growing on me over time with the FF and then the Lusso. Then I finally took the plunge and now it's like the best supercar ever at least for most of us. It's something about this car that once you drive it and own it you feel more for it. Not sure what's in it or what's going on. It's just experience and no words can describe it if all you owners know what I mean.

20. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mine just went 10R on Friday... woo hoo. They keep asking if I want to hand in my CaliTHS and I keep delaying, really want to owe and experience both at the same time but a little confused about that decision right now.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Can't compare a Cali to a GTC4L
    For comparison, you should have kept your FF.....

of2worlds likes this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #22 uhn2000, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Agreed but I gotta say this HS package is very very good, I haven't missed the FF as much as I thought I would, but it's not winter and nasty outside just yet - been great convertible weather! Looking forward to the Lusso.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Congrats!
    Without any doubt it is the best overall performance and comfort combo on the market today, a car in a class by itself with no competition whatsoever.
    My wife ordered her Lusso for Spring delivery.

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    love the carseat in the back. i do this with my 911S.

25. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    No fun without our little ones!