Marker lights | FerrariChat

Marker lights

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by AK47 UAE, Sep 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AK47 UAE

AK47 UAE Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    Right. My mechanic has replaced a damaged left side marker right. What we can't figure out is how to turn these or the rear marker lights on to test them. We are talking about the long orange lights on the front bumper and the ones on the side at the back.

The manual is of no help

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wild guesses, did you try all positions of the knob to the left (right if RHD?) of the steering wheel? Also, there are some extra buttons up top above the rear view mirror?
    T

3. AK47 UAE

AK47 UAE Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    Yes tried all the positions and the little split fog button and the roof buttons. no joy.

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    What a little mystery!! These lights shown in my pictures? I tried locking and unlocking with the key fob, no dice.

The Cali manual I have downloaded on my iPhone, doesn't even show these in the exterior pics in the owner's manual!

T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  6. AK47 UAE

AK47 UAE Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    Yes, exactly the ones in your pictures. It is very strange as you say. Someone must know...

7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Running lights? You have to start the car... and turn on the headlights!

SV

8. AK47 UAE

AK47 UAE Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    So that doesn't work in my car- T can you try in yours and see if it works? Maybe there's a wiring issue but for all 4 to fail would be strange

9. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Is there a link for the manual on line? I’d like to have the manual on my phone as well.

10. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
  11. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sorry, Friday is my busiest work day. :( Kind of annoying. Anyway, I jut ran out, and that gets them. Start the engine, and the front and side marker lights are illuminated except when the headlights are in the off position (0 on the knob) and in the "P" position (parking lights)...T

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That link can be a bit wonky from time to time in my experience, plus if you need it in a place with poor conductivity, it does not help. That being said, major thanks to FFL for making it available. I downloaded it to my iPhone and access the PDF via iBooks. Am sure there is an Android solution as well. Then you can search it. It's been helpful to be able to keyword search on my phone when some warning light pops up that I had not seen before, or I had a question that I did not know the answer to, before I could get the F-chat brain trust's advice...T

14. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You do have to turn on your headlights to have the side marker on. You can also have the lightswitch set to AUTO at night and they come on if you turn the key in the ignition to the start engine position. You don't have to actually start the engine.

I assume you know these side makers are only spec'd on North America cars so FChatters with non-NA-spec cars won't have these side markers. So I assume your car is in North America or you have a North American car in the UAE. You didn't say where you are in your initial message. It does help if we know where you are located.

I have posted photos below showing the markers are lit when the headlights are on.

If yours don't work then check the fuses first. You didn't say which Cali you have. I assume the older Cali. If so then here are the fuse locations. I kind of doubt it's the fuses since none of the markers work so both fuses have to have failed.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Until this thread, I had never actually seen my car running without me behind the wheel!

Odd that the fuses work the lights ob the diagonals.

I like your white side marker lights in the other thread, aftermarket?

T

16. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL. I only saw my lights when I checked my new clear side markers to make sure they looked amber enough when they were lit. I also seldom drive my Cali at night. ;)

The diagonal circuit may be for safety reasons as it may technically be better than just splitting the circuits to front vs rear. Diagonal lighting would stand a better chance of giving an observer an idea of where the corners of the car are in the dark.

The clear side markers are from Exotica Motorsports, they also have black ones. http://shop.exotica-motorsports.com/exotica-side-bumper-reflectors-ferrari-california/

17. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    4th_Gear you rock! I would never have guesses that fuse box location by myself.